iPod or Media Razor?

So I've gone thus far without getting an iPod (I had one, but sold it) and now that phones have mp3 support and whatnot I figured I may as well ask... should I get an iPod and keep my current phone (its a year old, no polyphonic support and whatnot though) or should I get a new Ultimate media razor phone which has a built in mp3 player/vcast/whatever?

Are you talking about the Motorola RAZR V3x? Personally I don't like the RAZR. It seems too fragile. I would go with a iPod or Creative Zen. I havn't used a V3x, so I don't know about the sound quality, but i'm sure it is better on an iPod.
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com

The razr sucks. Get the sprint's wannabe razr, much sturdier and more fun

I would get an iPod. I'm not big on the RAZR so I wouldn't get it. JMHO

I've got a RAZR and it's as sturdy/unbreakable as you can get. I'm not very delicate with my personal electronics and because of that I was wary about getting a RAZR until I actually held one in my hands. The SLVR on the other hand seems like it can be snapped in half by applying pressure with your pinky finger.

But if you're looking for a true music solution, I'd go with the iPod. The RAZR media is meant to be more of a 'if you have a phone, might as well listen to music on it' type thing.
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by cd-mchase
    I've got a RAZR and it's as sturdy/unbreakable as you can get. I'm not very delicate with my personal electronics and because of that I was wary about getting a RAZR until I actually held one in my hands. The SLVR on the other hand seems like it can be snapped in half by applying pressure with your pinky finger.

But if you're looking for a true music solution, I'd go with the iPod. The RAZR media is meant to be more of a 'if you have a phone, might as well listen to music on it' type thing.
    Maybe if you held the real SLVR instead of the store one :p

My SLVR was 10x sturdier then my RAZR.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyT
    Maybe if you held the real SLVR instead of the store one :p

My SLVR was 10x sturdier then my RAZR.
    Actually the sales guy owned a SLVR and he let me play with his. My concerns were that it'd get poked or something in my pocket because there didn't seem to be enough protection.

To each his own tho, I didn't get to use it for more than 2 minutes in the store so I don't have any real experience.
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by cd-mchase
    Actually the sales guy owned a SLVR and he let me play with his. My concerns were that it'd get poked or something in my pocket because there didn't seem to be enough protection.

To each his own tho, I didn't get to use it for more than 2 minutes in the store so I don't have any real experience.
    Its a great and sturdy phone. I regret giving it up to switch to Nextel :'(

heh, iPod Nano 4 ever <3

Apple the new ipods now!

HL

Yup. I am planning to buy one. Better video battery life, brighter screen, higher resolution, 80 GB hard drive, and all for $50 less than the old 60GB iPod.
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com

As much as I dislike Microsoft, their new Zuna looks pretty slick.
    Michael Chase

ipod anyday, ipod is more confortable and cute.
    Matt Scaglione - Freelance Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Hostlead
    Apple the new ipods now!

HL
    Me no speak english.
    That was supposed to say "Apple is selling the new ipods now."

HL

Quote Originally Posted by Hostlead
    Me no speak english.
    That was supposed to say "Apple is selling the new ipods now."

HL
    Haha, I was trying to figure out what you meant. I looked at your location and was like "Virginia .. hmm.. I think they still speak English there ;X"
    Michael Chase