Which host: FutureHosting or HostMaven?

Which VPS host should I choose? Hostmaven.com or Futurehosting.biz? Is there any other VPS that is cheaper than 27.95 a month? I know Jaguarpc.com has 19.95 a month but they don't have cpanel with that plan. Please help me decide. Thanks.

go to futurehosting and you dont lose,believe me.

HOSTMAVEN! They have been very helpful in fixing issues and very quick to respond. I highly recommend them.

I have a vote for futurehosting.

I just signed up with Virpus VPS for about $32/mo (including DirAdmin, and they are managed.) So far, they have the best response time, both pre-sale and technical support. They have the same fast response and small company feel like BlueWho.com had 2 years ago, except here, you get 10 times more bandwidth and disk space, can choose your Control Panel, can program your own low-bandwidth multiplayer game if you want, and finally, get to learn how to use a dedicated server. I also like that my machine is crazy powerful even though I only get to use a 'piece' of it. Much better than a dedicated server that costs $65 but is nowhere as reliable, and better than reseller hosting that costs $20 or $30. They also have the same specs on their server as the new BlueWho and Dotable servers, and yet, you get more bandwidth and you get to be able to run your own applications (since it's VPS.) Go with Virpus.

I didn't know about FutureHosting or HostMaven but I did give them a look real quick and I don't see anything there that's better or has more value than Virpus. FutureHosting unmanaged is $30, but Managed is $40/mo. They give a bit more memory than Virpus does, but that's all. Cpanel is also free there, but so is ANY Control Panel at Virpus if you pay quarterly ahead.
    Last edited by Integer; 09-12-2006 at 10:47 PM.

One more vote for Future Hosting.

Their support is amazing! Recommended!
    DevOps!

FutureHosting...Very helpful.
    Jumpto Media | Your Technology Experts!
    ■ Experts in setting up, configuring, securing, and managing Linux & Windows servers.
    ■ Experts with almost all control panels, scripts, apps, and softwares.
    ■ Experts Guaranteed Work.

hostmaven IMO
    reliable and excellent service, its like they treat eveyone as a new sale even their old clients they are always willing to help

Futurehosting is my choice!
    27-i.net -- best russian hosting ever

I also recommend Future Hosting, I've been with them for about 2 months now. Had a rocky start at first, but once the issues were worked out, never had any problems since (knock on wood)

Future Host is the best I found. The support is fantastic. I have managed VPS hosting and some of the things that I didn't want to do, that other hosts would say is my responsibility, they would do for me.

Also they include "off-server" backup and a VPN Tunnel for you to admin your servers, which bandwidth doesn't count towards your useage. You can choose metered or throttled bandwidth and change to suit each month.

They have new hardware, not rebuilt equipment in a Dallas data center.

Quote Originally Posted by ethix
    hostmaven IMO
    reliable and excellent service, its like they treat eveyone as a new sale even their old clients they are always willing to help

I 2nd that.

FutureHosting.biz

Just got a VPS with them.

FutureHosting, yet again

I have to 'me too' on FutureHosting.biz..they are simply amazing. Never got support so good before. I'm getting personal email responses within minutes from the CEO almost every time, and they are ON THE BALL over there.

After all the crud I've been through lately, I cannot say how happy I am to have found these guys. And I have the people in this forum to thank for it, as I wouldn't have found them otherwise.

I will put a vote in for Futurehosting.biz. You can do a search on my name and read a review I have done on them if you wish as well.
    My Portfolio: www.matthewsauk.com

Quote Originally Posted by mantis108
    I have to 'me too' on FutureHosting.biz..
    What domain do you have hosted with them?
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    What domain do you have hosted with them?
    I have 5, and I'm moving them all over this weekend. The one that's already there is reghound.com, I'll have the rest moved over by tomorrow if all goes well.

Who's the CEO?

Update: I know now!
    Last edited by Webberzone; 09-23-2006 at 11:55 PM.

Thanks everyone for your input. I am looking into furturehosting.biz now, but still find it to be a bit expensive for me. Might go with regular hosting.

I have two VPSes at Host Maven and they are both excellent. I highly recommend them.

Alex

One important thing to point out is that HostMaven and most other companies in this category are offering similar pricing or even costing more per month, and are *unmanaged* vs. FutureHosting's *managed* service. That costs you $25 more per month at places like HostMaven. That was what sold me.. I didn't think we could afford managed VPS service before I found them.

Just making sure it's an apples to apples comparison in terms of price/features.

Quote Originally Posted by WebbyBabe
    Thanks everyone for your input. I am looking into furturehosting.biz now, but still find it to be a bit expensive for me. Might go with regular hosting.
    My recommendation is that if you don't need it, don't go for it.

With a VPS comes an additionaly amount of work, even if your VPS is managed.

You still need to monitor it. With shared hosting you let your host do all that part of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Webberzone
    My recommendation is that if you don't need it, don't go for it.

With a VPS comes an additionaly amount of work, even if your VPS is managed.

You still need to monitor it. With shared hosting you let your host do all that part of the work.
    I second the recommendation there, good advice.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Thanks layer0,

Stems from a bad VPS experience and shared hosting experience. Finally stuck to my reseller account and only recently decided to give a shot at the VPS world again!