Reccomend a printer that uses cheap ink?

Here's the deal: I've got a regular printer/scanner/copier. However, I can't afford $60 every time the ink needs to be replaced, and I'm tired of refilling the cartridges myself.

So, I'm on the lookout for an older inkjet printer that uses cartridges that can be replaced for under $10. Something along the lines of Epson 400,480,600, etc or HP Deskjet.

Anyone got a good suggestions?
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

get a laser printer... one of the best things I've ever done...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Man, I would if I could but I don't have the $$$ to put out for a laser printer (doggone kids )
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

I think a laser printer also has the cheapest ink. The bad part - an ink cartridge is $150 per color + black but unless you print reams of stuff a month, they only need changed every 2-3 years.

You can get a HP LaserJet 1018 for $99. If you keep your existing multifunction and only use it when you need a color print and use the laser for all the B&W prints the laser will pay for itself in no time.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Apple Laserwriter 16/600 PS, Printer bought off ebay for $5, Its laser and toner for it is about $25 and it does about 7000 B&W Pages .

- Oli

Go with anything epson 600+ model. Then go to bulkinkjetcarts.com and get ink refills for ~$1.50.

I got fed up buying expensive ink cartridges since I only print in color when it's important stuff like photos and such. So last Xmas I bought an HP Laser Printer. So now I don't have to worry about refilling my ink for a loooong time!

As suggested, you should be able to find a cheap one on ebay
    Hi! My name is Christina Chun and I'm an Artist.

The only thing about those ink refill kits on the epson printers is that it kills the printers quality. An epson should only use epson ink to ensure the quality of your prints (this is mostly geard towards a graphic/print/artist view) otherwise just get a cheap color HP printer and use the refill kits on that.
    Hi! My name is Christina Chun and I'm an Artist.

If you print more then 500 to 1000 pages every 3 months the cost of Laser to Ink jet will pay for itsself with in 6 months.

Most Lasers will give you 3000 to 10000 pages per replacment. Inkjet is about 500 to 1000 pages.

Even color lasers now are coming down in price. If you only need black and white however, check out some of the Laser all-in-ones. Dell has some great products and if money is an issue they offer financing.
    Jonathan VanSchaack
    Managing Director
    Remly Communications - Total Web Solutions
    Web Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Boston Colocation, Reseller Hosting, VDS/VPS, Web Design, and Full Server Management

HP ink is pretty cheap... Lexmark is EXPENSIVE though!

I am really impressed with Canon inkjet, especially the older ones. Their ink is dirt cheap and the quality is excellent. That would be my vote, otherwise def get a laser printer!

Quote Originally Posted by IceCreamMan
    HP ink is pretty cheap... Lexmark is EXPENSIVE though!
    Yeah but you can buy a new Lexmark printer for $30 haha, they have to make money somewhere.
    HostingChoice - Shared and Reseller Hosting
    - A+ customer support & 100% no-overselling guarantee.
    - Unlimited MySQL Databases and other great features.

MSN: [email protected] AIM: HCLiveHelp02

Go buy refillers.. its not that hard to do..... i think the refill package is only $30? The ink itself doesnt cost alot.. its what holding the ink.. that cost alot ^^;