Smile For bandwidth, am I right ?...

What do you think about this...

If I've got 10 000 users per day on a site and if each user see 10 pages (50Ko each one), it means :

(10 000 x 10) x 50 = 5 000 000 Ko or 4,76MB per day and 143MB of data transfert (bandwidth) per month.

Is it correct please ?

Re: For bandwidth, am I right ?...

Originally posted by Bot
    (10 000 x 10) x 50 = 5 000 000 Ko or 4,76MB
    Almost correct, you are only off by a factor of 1000

1MB is roughly 1000KB (yea ... yea .. 1024KB )
    So your 5 millions KB should be roughly equal to 5GB/day

so ... roughly 150GB/mo ...
    See, you are only off by 'not much'

regards,
    -dave
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Lol, yep I make a little mistake with the french Ko and the english Kb

Thanx for your answer

yes that's about right 5 gigs per day.

but here is the best question

when does the usage hit peak, if the page loads are happening all at one time, 1 mbit = about 10.2 gigs a day or about 500 megs an hour.

then you as a customer of a web shop need to have access to a 3 mbit pipe. this is based that 30% of the activity will happen over a 2 hour basis. and the rest is normal.

Just something to consider.

SIde note: anybody think differently please post, I ran into this problem 2 months ago and came up with the above solution after looking at the consumtion graph.

Mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

Don't forget to lower the number for cached pages. Looking at my own server logs for a high volume site I run, I'm surprised at how many pages are actually cached and not really transferred.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

Originally posted by hostpath.com
    Don't forget to lower the number for cached pages. Looking at my own server logs for a high volume site I run, I'm surprised at how many pages are actually cached and not really transferred.
    good point, I did not even think of that,

mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

That's right, it's important.