cPanel mail setup results in spam

I am a bit confused on my setup for my email. I used Outlook and there is no tick in the box that says leave a copy of the email on the server. So I thought I would automatically be deleting the messages after they were retrieved. However, this is not the case.

On my cPanel Mail Account Maintenance settings, I have two entries

Main Account >>> jon7com
    [email protected] >>>[email protected]

It is under Main Account that I have pages and pages of emails. They are where people have been sending to [email protected] and other made up names.

People just send me an email to [email protected] and that is all I retrieve. I don't want anything else.

Can someone please advise me on what is going on?

Check whether do you have catch-all (default) enable/set to your account username. If yes, you might want to set that to :fail: or :blackhole: so that you won't be receiving anyone emailing [email protected].. ...

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards,
    Giam Teck Choon
    :: Join Community today to share your tips and tricks on server issues please ::
    :: Singapore Dedicated Servers :: Singapore Virtual Private Servers :: Linux/FreeBSD Server Management ::

Goleta, CA
    I think there is a separate tab in the advanced settings for the account to remove accounts from the server after download.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?