* Can someone help me with registering a domain?

Hi, I'm currently trying to register for a domain and somethings on my mind regarding these provider. Why is there so much difference in price like compare Register.com to Namecheap.com? Currently I've three company on my mind, one is Register.com, the other is Verisign and the last is NameCheap.com. At first I tried asking Networksolutions some questions but they never reply even I resubmit my questions again. Can someone tell me whats the diff between all this company?

It's because places like register.com and verisign know that less informed people will pay the high prices so why lower them.

I'd definately say go with namecheap or godaddy.com.
    Complx Internet Services
    www.complx.net
    Hosting - Colocation - Domains - Dialup
    [email protected]

namecheap is a reseller for eNom (registrar). The differences in price can be compared to lower overhead. A reseller doesn't have the same expenses, R&D, equipment costs, etc. that an actual registrar has and therefore can charge less.

I can spend 200.00 and become a reseller and start selling domains. Where it cost a minimum of about a 500,000 investment to become accredited with ICANN and VGRS.

I like stargate.com.

Ok, so now after reading some board, If I were to sum up to choose to register my domain name at NameCheap.com and register for a host at HostingMatters.com, will everything be most likely to be perfect although nothing is perfect but at least? Some opinion?

Registering a Domain

Andy...

I use Stargate and I try to register 2 domain names at a time so that I can get $8.85 for each domain and they come with the following :

1 x pop3 email - which you can use outlook express to check

1 x web page using their template

URL redirector

Control Panel

For $8.85 I guess their price is reasonable... check out their FAQs.

Originally posted by andylwl
    Ok, so now after reading some board, If I were to sum up to choose to register my domain name at NameCheap.com and register for a host at HostingMatters.com, will everything be most likely to be perfect although nothing is perfect but at least? Some opinion?
    Andy, that is about as perfect as you will get. What you are suggesting will work perfectly fine.
    Marty Hoskins
    http://tlcwe.com