Wink HostMonster Questions

Anybody know about HostMonster? If so, how well is their up-time and customer support? They don't seem for real because thier prices are so cheap. Any feedback you could give me about them would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Do a search on WHT or Google, with "HostMonster" as the keyword and you will find plenty of reviews on them.

HostMonster's uptime reports can be found at:

http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptim...onstercom.html
    Last edited by SkyNetHosting; 09-11-2006 at 11:53 PM.
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

I would not trust webhostingstuff.com's uptime records. I could not find any host listed there with less than %98 uptime.

I think their uptime is not right, they are shoing high numbers so hosts would place their logos' on their sites

Have a think about cheap prices, you know what it will happen... I hardly trust that company, it has only one hosting plan?? 50GB space with $3.95(x12=$47.40) a year. Huge cheap and overselling than Dreamhost and Hostgator.

Have a think about cheap prices, you know what it will happen... I hardly trust that company, it has only one hosting plan?? 50GB space with $3.95(x12=$47.40) a year. Huge cheap and overselling than Dreamhost and Hostgator.
    I agree as well, 50GB for only $3.95? then there have to be some extreme overselling. Futt, just wondering what would be your actual storage and transfer requirement?
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

Also do a WHT search for Bluehost and read... same folks, same servers.

I was thinking around 50GB Storage and 5GB Transfer. I did some more research in the past hour which narrowed my options down to:
    HostGator and ZoomHost
    HostGator seemed to come out a bit on top as far as being the absolute best hosting provider. But there was only a 1 or 2% difference as ZoomHost follows heel to heel. So I've decided to go with HostGator, thanks to the valueable input of WHT's forum.

Thanks.

HostMonster has worked pretty good for me. I've had to call their support a few times for trivial things, and they've always been prompt. Its also never any issue to get a human voice on the phone as opposed to being stuck emailing them or using trouble tickets. Thats something I absolutely love in a company, is the ability to be able to call.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca

Quote Originally Posted by hcn
    I would not trust webhostingstuff.com's uptime records. I could not find any host listed there with less than %98 uptime.

I think their uptime is not right, they are shoing high numbers so hosts would place their logos' on their sites
    Only recently found out that you can reset uptime.

So I wouldn't trust them either.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon
    HostMonster has worked pretty good for me. I've had to call their support a few times for trivial things, and they've always been prompt. Its also never any issue to get a human voice on the phone as opposed to being stuck emailing them or using trouble tickets. Thats something I absolutely love in a company, is the ability to be able to call.
    What domain did you have hosted with them?
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

I have dealt with hostmonster, there customer support is terrible

I do not recommend

I hosted with HostMonster 3 weeks ago because of their cheap price. It was definitely a very big mistake. They have the worst support...worse than ******. I would recommend you spend a few more dollars and host with someone better. A free web hosting company is more reliable than HostMonster.
    I just found out they are owned by BlueHost, so that probably explains the issues I was facing.
    IPOWERWEB, My Web Hosting Provider for OVER Four Years - IPOWERWEB

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    What domain did you have hosted with them?
    Did? I still do. americanhitechsolutions.com
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca

Ahhh - it is a shame that so many negative reviews lately about BlueHost. They were always on top of their game until lately when they started offering the outragous sized plans for little money. I sometimes think companies do this right before they kick the bucket to get as much monie in as they can before they close up shop. Sort of like an unspoken "going out business" sale.

I still dont see how everyone else had such horrible support. I guess I was just lucky, lol.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca