New site, opinions please

Please check out http://littlebighosting.com
    and tell me what you think of the site!
    \\\\ High Performance Business Grade LiteSpeed Hosting
    //// Shared \|/ Reseller \|/ Dedicated \|/ Custom Tailored Solutions \|/ Domains \|/ SSL Certs
    \\\\ get WIRED \|/ general(AT)wiredwebwork.com \|/ 240-670-HOST
    //// True Quality 24/7 support(Chat, Email, Ticket) 9-5 est. phone support

I like the name and the logo.

However, it looks like a template site, and in fact I was able to find it pretty quickly...

http://www.templatemonster.com/websi...tes/10972.html

Now, that's perfectly fine - nothing wrong at all with using a template. However, what tipped me off (aside from just the overall look) was that your content looks like it was just thrown in. There are no margins, the text is right up against the edges and it's in a frame... it just gives it that look like there wasn't much effort put in other than to squeeze in some text with very little formatting.

I can only speak for myself when I say this, but you (and others) in my opinion really should state up front that you have used a template. I like doing in-depth reviews of design and give a lot of feedback - but if you (people in general) use a template instead of making it yourself, I have to assume unless told otherwise that you don't have the ability to make it (a design) yourself - therefor, how will you apply any kind of graphical/design feedback I might give (assuming you agree with it)... and if that's the case, what was the point in asking other than to get traffic pointed to your site for a day.

Anyway, I'm not accusing you of this, I'm just venting a little. Some people come here just for that - ask for a review, one is given, but they never come back - it was more about dropping in a link to their site than an honest request for a review.

So, with that said, if I were you I would...

1. Increase the size of your headers (in the content area). The only difference between them and the content text is that they are bold, but they should really stand out more.

2. Add margins. Your content goes right up against the edges (left and right) which looks really unprofessional. Look at the spacing the text has in the boxes to the left (the ventrillo plans). They don't run right to the edge, and your content shouldn't either... we see margins in any books/magazines/publications we read and there is a reason.

There is a lot I would do differently to the site (besides not using a template), but I'll stay away from it as it was not something you did, and I'll assume the changes might be beyond what you are capable of. Again I'm making an assumption, and you can correct me if I'm wrong - you could be a much much better designer than me and just looking for something quick for all I know.

Good luck with the site and the business.
    Last edited by PlaneWalker; 09-11-2006 at 11:32 PM.
    Something witty here...

Looks great...
    However, something about the header doesn't feel right. Can't quite put my finger on it...

I would also re-consider where you put the plans...
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

It's very slow, and you should use CSS instead of HTML Tables.

The design is nice, but some of the text is slightly hard to read. The colours are nice as well. Another suggestion I have is to remove the Inline Frames, and replace it with PHP Includes, or something similiar.

I can just about agree fully with PlaneWalker above me. It lacks alot and much being professionality since you get rated down a lot with having a frame. Take a good advice of PlaneWalker
    - Erik Bernskiold
    Web Designer, Photographer, Software Trainer & Owner of XLD Studios
    Bernskiold Media (Blog, Tutorials) | XLD Studios

Very good site, but some of the colours dont contrast very well, its can be difficult to read if you have a poor scree or eye sight.
    Jabroo.com Fonts 11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by PlaneWalker
    I like the name and the logo.

However, it looks like a template site, and in fact I was able to find it pretty quickly...

http://www.templatemonster.com/websi...tes/10972.html

Now, that's perfectly fine - nothing wrong at all with using a template. However, what tipped me off (aside from just the overall look) was that your content looks like it was just thrown in. There are no margins, the text is right up against the edges and it's in a frame... it just gives it that look like there wasn't much effort put in other than to squeeze in some text with very little formatting.

I can only speak for myself when I say this, but you (and others) in my opinion really should state up front that you have used a template. I like doing in-depth reviews of design and give a lot of feedback - but if you (people in general) use a template instead of making it yourself, I have to assume unless told otherwise that you don't have the ability to make it (a design) yourself - therefor, how will you apply any kind of graphical/design feedback I might give (assuming you agree with it)... and if that's the case, what was the point in asking other than to get traffic pointed to your site for a day.

Anyway, I'm not accusing you of this, I'm just venting a little. Some people come here just for that - ask for a review, one is given, but they never come back - it was more about dropping in a link to their site than an honest request for a review.

So, with that said, if I were you I would...

1. Increase the size of your headers (in the content area). The only difference between them and the content text is that they are bold, but they should really stand out more.

2. Add margins. Your content goes right up against the edges (left and right) which looks really unprofessional. Look at the spacing the text has in the boxes to the left (the ventrillo plans). They don't run right to the edge, and your content shouldn't either... we see margins in any books/magazines/publications we read and there is a reason.

There is a lot I would do differently to the site (besides not using a template), but I'll stay away from it as it was not something you did, and I'll assume the changes might be beyond what you are capable of. Again I'm making an assumption, and you can correct me if I'm wrong - you could be a much much better designer than me and just looking for something quick for all I know.

Good luck with the site and the business.

We actually did not use a template. We based our site off of it, but we didnt use that one.
    //// Shared \|/ Reseller \|/ Dedicated \|/ Custom Tailored Solutions \|/ Domains \|/ SSL Certs

We actually did not use a template. We based our site off of it, but we didnt use that one.
    Cool, and like I said, there's nothing wrong with using a template, or basing your site on one for that matter - it's just nice to know ahead of time for a review.

It doesn't look bad, it just needs to be cleaned up a bit as myself and others have mentioned. Looking at some of the other posts here, it looks like you have some good foodback to work off of.

Good job, and good luck.
    Something witty here...

Actually, I didnt know with all honesty. The other owner made the site, Im just getting it out there hehe. Thanks again for all the feedback.