Using OpenVZ in an commercial environment?

I'd be interested in seeing everyone's opinions in the negatives vs. the positives of using openvz in a commercial environment VS. using Virtuozzo. Is this even a realistic option in terms of stability and reliability?

And by "commercial" I mean using it as the sole solution for setting up vps's for your clients.

Thanks!

I think the problem is lack of support. We can't get support 24/7 with SWSoft if anything problems occur. Also we don't get good control panel to manage vps with openvz accept you have it one.

Well, let's see...

Virtuozzo is more stable and tested, where OpenVZ is more on the cutting edge.
    Virtuozzo comes with a price tag, where OpenVZ is "FOSS", free and open source software.
    Virtuozzo also has a fancy control panel that looks like Plesk. OpenVZ does not.

I'm partial to the Linux-VServer environment, but I sure can't knock either OpenVZ or Virtuozzo.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by jdlewis
    Well, let's see...

Virtuozzo is more stable and tested, where OpenVZ is more on the cutting edge.
    Virtuozzo comes with a price tag, where OpenVZ is "FOSS", free and open source software.
    Virtuozzo also has a fancy control panel that looks like Plesk. OpenVZ does not.

I'm partial to the Linux-VServer environment, but I sure can't knock either OpenVZ or Virtuozzo.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
    I think you should wander over to http://www.lxlabs.com and check out hypervm control panel for openvz.

It is a well supported control panel for openvz (and xen btw) that gives you a lot of the features of virtuozzo.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support