Calculuating Bandwidth

Is there a way to calculuate the total bandwidth an account has used on the server? We are getting some complaints from customers who say they're Control Panel (CPanel) is not calculating their bandwidth correctly. I would like to check this, and see if it is even close (some customers are saying that it is way off, but I don't know). I calculated the total bytes usage from the domlogs/domain-bytes_log, but I get something like: 69863. I assume this is 69MB. I also assume this is just for that particular day. Am I wrong on this? How would I go about calculuating the monthly bandwidth for an account?

Thanks

is that in bytes???

If thats in bytes then
    69863 bytes
    68.22 Kilo Bytes
    I.E. less then a meg

I may be wrong, but if it is in bytes then to get KiloBytes you devide by 1024 and to get MegaBytes you devide by 1024 again.

Thanks
    Jbuckle

One thing you could do is use a stats package, for instance awstats will show total bandwidth used by a single domain for a month.

The server uses Webalizer to gather statistics. I'm not sure if that is what gathers bandwidth information or not, but there are parts in the users control panel that displays the bandwidth and in the WHM. But the client in question (the one that I used in my first post) is right at 68GB for the month. Would the domlogs be using megabytes instead of bytes?

If I were to use awstats I would have to leave that running for the entire month. Wouldn't I? This might be useful to just check and see if the WHM is calculating the bandwidth correctly, but I would like to get back to this customer sooner. Thanks for your help though.

don't forget to include in and out e-mail

Mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.