Windows with ASP and PHP?

Hi

Im wondering. Some time when i look at hosting companies that offers windows servers i see that they only offer ASP... I know it is possible to offer PHP on windows as well as ASP... Is there a good reason not to offer both ASP and PHP on the same window server?

I mean like linux/apache is for PHP but what about windows? Is that best to only have ASP on windows?

I don't think PHP on windows got any performance issue. Usually people use Linux/Apache for PHP simply because they are all open source. The price would be bit lower than using PHP under Windows.

I'm not quite honestly sure if that even exists. Normally you can't make one server into one. Of course, you could install both operatorating systems on them but I doubt you would be able to offer/purchase any type of shared web hosting like that. I may be wrong however.

You misunderstand... I only want to use windows.. As standard ASP is installed on windows.. Then install php as well and then have both ASP and PHP on the same server. So that clients can use both...

Quote Originally Posted by Techpresence
    I'm not quite honestly sure if that even exists. Normally you can't make one server into one. Of course, you could install both operatorating systems on them but I doubt you would be able to offer/purchase any type of shared web hosting like that. I may be wrong however.
    Here not talking put Apache into Windows together with IIS. Actually PHP has IIS plugin that just performs like ASP to interprete php scripts. So windows definitely can support ASP and PHP at the same time.

Windows fully supports PHP, all you have to do is install it. There are instructions all over the net on how to install PHP on windows. There are no performance benefits nor losses, and its not an "emulated" version of PHP, you get the full functionality same as you would with Linux.

Lots of webhosts have plans that include ASP, PHP and even Perl on the same windows box... just take a look around.
    www.griffinhosting.com

WHMCS Security Plus+ : Addon module with additional security features for WHMCS billing system.

Glad to hear that it doesnt have any performance losses.. That was what i wanted to know...