Lightbulb Best WebHost? Natural Skeptic

I need some help finding a webhost. I'm looking for a webhost that will offer me heavy traffic - heavy traffic from forums. I need a host that allows a considerable amount of bandwidth for at least 100,000 visitors. Bandwidth and space are important. I do not want a host that is a shill. Nothing would be more disappointing then to sign up for a host and be overcharged for bandwidth that they falsely represented. I'm looking at a cost around $6 to $8 a month. Some of the highly ranked host I researched online have been: BlueHost, Hostgator, WiredHub, Hostmonster, PenguinWebHosting, HostZoom, Aplus, Phenominet. I can't decide. I need something affordable, good speeds, and hefty bandwidth. Are there any affoardable webhost providers that offer this that you know of? That you can depend on for service and support? Also, anybody use WiredHub? I've heard nothing but good about them...so far.

We need more specific numbers. Estimated simultaneous forum users would help us give you a baseline estimate.

is that 100k figure per month per day?

Do you mean 100 000 visitors per month? And to a forum? Seriously, I have my doubts that you could get hosting for that in the price range you mention.

THe fact that hosts offer hefty b/w doesn't mean you can run a CPU-intensive application like a forum and actually use that b/w.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

So you want AMAZING hosting at $6 to $8 a month? With HIGH disk space and HIGH bandwidth?

It looks like you've already tried to find that and failed, raise your budget a little -- disk space and bandwidth don't come free! Especially with fast high quality servers.

It might actually sound like you need a VPS.

Hi,

As the others said above your budget need to be raised if you really are getting that much traffic already on a forum. I'm sure if you used the Host Quote feature on WHT someone will answer and be willing to host ya though.

Good luck
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I understand disk space and bandwidth doesn't come free. I was talking about 100,000 visitors a month. No I don't get this many visitors. Presently, I don't even have a single site hosted. I would just like a little extra security in the years to come - there's nothing wrong with that. I realize my asking price is extremely low for what I have requested. You don't have to underline it for me. Becuase their a literally thousands of webhost popping up every where day to day, I thought that maybe their was some glim chance that somebody new a great webhost that offered a considerably large amount of bandwidth. 10GB is fine. But I need host that is reliable. 99.9% . No downtime. I've been hearing a lot about people signing up with these new affordable host, and experienced problems when their bandwidth was high - not exceeded. This is point. I'm willing to push the par up to $10 a month, that's all I can afford. I've got kids to feed.

Forum users: 500 to 1000 a day or more

Quote Originally Posted by futt
    Forum users: 500 to 1000 a day or more
    Hi,

500 to 1000 uniques a day sounds very fair and I'm sure most hosts shouldnt have any problem hosting your forum. Also note that many hosts do not allow hosting forums with too many concurrent mysql connections such as 100 users on at the same time etc...and if your forum grows that big you might want to look into VPS Solutions and so on.

Good luck.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Hoobastank68, Thank you. Your info helps. If anybody else could offer some more useful info it would be highly appreciated.