Angry Manchester DC Gb link down again?

Has anybody else experienced problems with Internet Facilitators in Manchester? They only have a single link between DCs and this went down again this morning As there is no redundancy this means any ISP without their own backup link loses connectivity. A short while ago the UPS went in their DC and all power was lost for most of the day! Telecity very expensive, we really need a cost-effective and reliable supplier in the area. We have moved most of our racks into Melbourne's DC now as they are offering true multi-homing and a diverse dual dark fibre link with full redundancy for same price (less actually) - better racks and support as well
    UK Server Hosting - from Port One
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Business Broadband and Business Hosting
    info@portone.co.uk | 0845 602 1452

Try speaking to Chris at datahop, try datahop.it. He was talking about going into Manchester Telecity a little while ago..

Talk to NetServices in Manchester. We've got most of our ADSL kit based there, fantastic network (not had any downtime for well over 3 years I think it is). They have two of their own DC's on Modwen Road.

Drop Andy an e-mail - andrewb(at)netservicesplc.com

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Would this be the same Netservices who recently doubled their rackspace pricing for existing customers with very short notice? (now about 8k per cab) ouchy!

Dan
    Daniel Foster
    Melbourne - www.melbourne.co.uk
    Vat Number 755 5694 86. Company Number 4091836. Established since 2000. AS39451.
    Call us free on 0800 915 8771. No queues, no call centres!

Quote Originally Posted by danfoster
    Would this be the same Netservices who recently doubled their rackspace pricing for existing customers with very short notice? (now about 8k per cab) ouchy!

Dan
    Hmm, I've not noticed any increases in prices or been informed of any, but then again I don't deal with accounts. They've never been cheap, but IMO well worth the money.

They work on the principle that they will never sell more than 1/3 of their total network capacity, meaning it's very redundant and copes very easily when routers go down. I've been pretty impressed from day 1.

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

odd - do you just use them for DSL or do you colo with them? it's people colocating with them that have had the price increases (i know two companies who do it and both told me the price has doubled recently).

Dan
    Daniel Foster
    Melbourne - www.melbourne.co.uk
    Vat Number 755 5694 86. Company Number 4091836. Established since 2000. AS39451.
    Call us free on 0800 915 8771. No queues, no call centres!