Security Alert accesing Host is normal?

Everytime I'm accesing my website's control panel I got a security alert popup window. I can't post a picture here so I will copy. It has 2 yellow icons and one green one. It says:

"Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. Howeve, there is a problem with the site's security certificate.

(yellow icon with exclamation mark) the security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to determine weather you want to trust the certifying authority.

(green icon with check mark) the security certificate date is valid.

(yellow icon with exclamation mark) the name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

Do you want to proceed?"

When I hit "view certificate" and try to install it I got a Security Warning saying:

"You are about to install a certificate from a certification authority (CA) claiming to represent: * (yes, an asterisk)

Windows cannot validate that the certificate is actually from "*".

Then is a thumbprint number."

Is this normal when it comes to accessing my supposedly secured website?

I don't see a security alert like this anywhere else.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sec_alert2.jpg  

novatious,

It appears that the only issue is that it's a self-signed certificate.
    It's nothing to be concerned about, although you could tell your hosts to stop being cheapskates and buy a 9 dollar certificate to rid of the error.

Depends of where are you accessing. If you are login into your cPanel for example or Webmail, the host may have the configuration of always using a secure connection.

There is nothing to worry about and the host doesn't need to buy an SSL for that, I'm sure your host has an SSL on their main website where they take the billing, but there is no need to get a SSL for your control panel or webmail.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

Quote Originally Posted by wbpro
    Depends of where are you accessing. If you are login into your cPanel for example or Webmail, the host may have the configuration of always using a secure connection.

There is nothing to worry about and the host doesn't need to buy an SSL for that, I'm sure your host has an SSL on their main website where they take the billing, but there is no need to get a SSL for your control panel or webmail.
    Billing is a tab inside the control panel, so billing is not secure?