Encrypted Images

My question is, do proxies using https encrypt images as well as text data that is being sent to/from the server? I am on a university campus network, and traffic is monitored. I want to dodge the mining that they do on the URLS accessed and the data sent to/from. I am going to be working on a project from a site which contains sensative diagrams.

Yes they do, but it's still possible to determine the image URL, if not it's contents. If you want complete privacy (at your local end, anyway) consider using an SSH tunnel.

HTTPS is designed more to protect the contents of a page than the existance of the page itself, or the fact that you requested it.

If you're really concerned, consider using Privoxy and TOR, as well as HTTPS and an SSH tunnel. If you're really doing anything that needs that degree of secrecy, you shouldn't be asking questions on public forums, though.
    redpin.com - offering amazingly competent email, dns, and web hosting since 2002... because someone has to!
    Because Simple Things Should Be Simple - YouCANHasDNS

Well they arent THAT sensative, but yea its more or less on my end that I am worried about. I am actually more worried about another student on the network swiping the project work and using it as their own rather than the data mining, although I hate the thought a program scanning everything I do which is why i threw that in there to cover that as well.