Thread: WebHosting2

WebHosting2

I'm currently looking for some feedback on WebHosting2.

Mainly:

Does it look trustworthy?

Is it easy to navigate/order?

Also I would like some feedback on the design in general, logo and the banner:
    http://www.webhosting2.co.uk/wh2.gif

Thanks, Andy

Very nice! but you need a postal address on your site.

Your banner doesnt stand out though to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by xadax
    Very nice! but you need a postal address on your site.

Your banner doesnt stand out though to be honest.
    I'm not overly impressed with the banner but it does the job.

As for postal address, is that to make it look more secure or are there other reasons? Paying by cheque is something that is on the "to-do" list, currently who I'm going for for business banking requires you to be running for a while first before you can fill out their forms.

Thanks for the fast feedback.

very web2.0

only 2 details stand out, both a matter of taste - the flag on the logo stands out, its the ony thing not flowing with the rest of the style - perhaps make it more iconic (if not part of the logo)... two - the eliptical galactical thing under the price, might look better if it was a nice gradient without those lines...

other that these two details very nice

Great site! Clean and sleek..
    The flag as others have mentioned does stand out and doesn't really flow with the site... It's the first bad thing I noticed.. But apart from that - good job!
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

The banner is fairly normal, but not ugly. The colours are nice, but I think the greys aren't used right. There's something wrong with it, that are just can't explain...

However! The website design is kick-***! I love it! Nice colours, great template in general, and nice icons!

Good job!

8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by WebHosting2-UK
    I'm not overly impressed with the banner but it does the job.

As for postal address, is that to make it look more secure or are there other reasons? Paying by cheque is something that is on the "to-do" list, currently who I'm going for for business banking requires you to be running for a while first before you can fill out their forms.

Thanks for the fast feedback.
    http://www.oft.gov.uk/Business/Legal/DSR/default.htm

It just screams Web 2.0. Although I love the looks of the typical Web 2.0 style sites and this one being no exception, it doesn't stand out. It is just one among the others. Make something with it so that you remember it and want to come back to the site because of it being special.
    The best point as of now is the simplicity of it.
    - Erik Bernskiold
    Web Designer, Photographer, Software Trainer & Owner of XLD Studios
    Bernskiold Media (Blog, Tutorials) | XLD Studios

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik B
    It just screams Web 2.0. Although I love the looks of the typical Web 2.0 style sites and this one being no exception, it doesn't stand out. It is just one among the others. Make something with it so that you remember it and want to come back to the site because of it being special.
    The best point as of now is the simplicity of it.
    Web2.0 is not a design style.

I would say the colours are rememberable, the logo is and so is the navigation. I can't think of anything more to make it more unique without taking away usability and seeing as I plan to target offline people usability is the most important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHosting2-UK
    Thanks.

Web2.0 is not a design style.

I would say the colours are rememberable, the logo is and so is the navigation. I can't think of anything more to make it more unique without taking away usability and seeing as I plan to target offline people usability is the most important thing.
    I would say on the contary that it is also. Web 2.0 is a second era of the web which is also being referred to as a special type of design, thus making Web 2.0 a design style as well (You're talking against a Web Designer). I have expressed my feelings about it and if you refuse to take them to you that is your problem and not mine, critique was never intended to be taken personally but to help improve.
    - Erik Bernskiold
    Web Designer, Photographer, Software Trainer & Owner of XLD Studios
    Bernskiold Media (Blog, Tutorials) | XLD Studios

I dig it. Looks to resemble Site 5 a bit on the header but I think the use of color is decent. I'm not so set on the banner ad - though it does get your point across - it needs something else with it. The light in the back of the 1.50 isn't really all that professional looking and takes away from the site.

The logo - not bad at all. I would say the flag blends nicely at it appears you pulled the colors from the site directly from it. Maybe move the .co.uk underneath if possible - maybe under webhosting??? not really sure unless I fiddle with it.

Clean. I like Clean. (I design Clean) and keeping from the template look is nice.

Thanks for the input everyone.

jerett: I believe the .co.uk needs to stay where it is, being anywhere else could cause confusion with the URL.
    As for it looking like site5, I believe the "get started" is a great link for any website offering a service, particularly as I plan to advertise offline too.

Wonderful design. I like the Web2.0 "style" (Or whatever you wish to call it). Great choice of colors! It's professional, yet simple and fun. Keep up the good work.