Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Exclamation Cheap hosting means unrealiable

    We've been hosting our website with netconmigo dot com for a while and now our website is offline with no word from the hosting company. Besides I heard this company has serious security issues. But what else can we expect for $6 a month, right? has anybody else heard something about this company? thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    1,428
    Hello. Couple of things. First, welcome to WHT!

    Second, if you want to be taken seriously, be sure to inlclude the doman name you have hosted with them.

    Third, I am not familiar with that company, and even if i was, I would not comment on them. However; it is very true - you do get what you pay for!

    I wish you luck oin the future.
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,559
    "Cheap hosting means unreliable" is not necessarily always true.

    It all depends on the upper management and how they handle things business wise. If you have a rock-solid business plan, you should be just fine.

    For example-
    if you have 200 accounts paying $5 per month - that is $1000 per month. You can fit all of those accounts on one server most likely, so thats $200 per month (at least for the ones I get with softlayer when they are bare without upgrades), leaving you with $800 per month. From that, you pay your software bills or what ever else you get.

    200 accounts are easy for a crew of one or two to handle if they are all dedicated to the company and it's growth.

    Not all cheap hosts are unreliable - just a good portion of the new teen hosts trying to make a quick buck.

    Matt
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by HN-Mike
    Hello. Couple of things. First, welcome to WHT!

    Second, if you want to be taken seriously, be sure to inlclude the doman name you have hosted with them.

    Third, I am not familiar with that company, and even if i was, I would not comment on them. However; it is very true - you do get what you pay for!

    I wish you luck oin the future.
    vargasandcompany dot com

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by hg-matt
    "Cheap hosting means unreliable" is not necessarily always true.

    It all depends on the upper management and how they handle things business wise. If you have a rock-solid business plan, you should be just fine.

    For example-
    if you have 200 accounts paying $5 per month - that is $1000 per month. You can fit all of those accounts on one server most likely, so thats $200 per month (at least for the ones I get with softlayer when they are bare without upgrades), leaving you with $800 per month. From that, you pay your software bills or what ever else you get.

    200 accounts are easy for a crew of one or two to handle if they are all dedicated to the company and it's growth.

    Not all cheap hosts are unreliable - just a good portion of the new teen hosts trying to make a quick buck.

    Matt
    I agree. But there's got a be a limit for how cheap can you go as a host without compromising other issues like security or customer service. Yahoo Hosting's $11 is very acceptable for their service and reliability, for example. This one we chose seems to be one of those teen hosts.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chattanooga
    Posts
    8,985
    rudvargas,

    Affordable hosting isn't always a bad thing, yes: I'd agree that budget can have an effect on the quality of the hosting however you can find realiable cheap providers and unrealiable expensive providers all the same!

    Good luck with your new provider though
    Have a great day.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused — For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas, where else?
    Posts
    1,571

    Question

    You must have been with a reseller, your domain actually points to a company called ibizvision.com but your site if definitely nowhere to be found, no name server even sees it, you don't exist.

    Now why as a business (an accounting firm at that) didn't you look for a solid, dependable, business oriented host instead of who knows whoever the company was (they don't show up anywhere at this time either)?
    You won't have much traffic or disk requirements for an accounting firm web site and for a dollar or 2 more you would not be having these problems.
    Would you tell your clients "always look for the cheapest accountant in town, we're all the same?

    Not "putting you down" but think on it for a bit...and you might as well start looking for a new host, looks like that one is gone.

    Nope found netconmigo-ibizvision hosted on a plain cox.dsl connection it looks like...
    Last edited by DDT; 09-11-2006 at 01:15 PM.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    You must have been with a reseller, your domain actually points to a company called ibizvision.com but your site if definitely nowhere to be found, no name server even sees it, you don't exist.

    Now why as a business (an accounting firm at that) didn't you look for a solid, dependable, business oriented host instead of who knows whoever the company was (they don't show up anywhere at this time either)?
    You won't have much traffic or disk requirements for an accounting firm web site and for a dollar or 2 more you would not be having these problems.
    Would you tell your clients "always look for the cheapest accountant in town, we're all the same?

    Not "putting you down" but think on it for a bit...and you might as well start looking for a new host, looks like that one is gone.
    Have you ever heard of an accountant talking about the best hosting service in town? We have no idea, we believe in advertising. Of course we're getting a new host. Thanks all for your comments.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    101
    Did you already try to call ibizvision dot com ?
    BPowers.com: Eu Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared hosting with Cpanel/Fantastico
    Live Help: http://www.bpowers.com

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Interdit
    Did you already try to call ibizvision dot com ?
    Yes, Interdit, we did. We're just changing hosts. Thanks.

  11. #11
    What else can we expect for $6 a month, right?
    Cheap doesn't necessarily means a poor service then again just because you go for a expensive host it doesn't mean that you will get a better service either.

    You probably won't want to take the most expensive ones, and will want to avoid those "too-good-to-be-true" ones if you don't feel comfortable. Just find host that you're comfortable with paying the price, and don't have much issues with the background of the company, perhaps that should work fine.
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CA/TX USA
    Posts
    959
    You can pay $25 a month and get equally bad service mate. It isn't just the price, although the "too good to be true" deals usually are. If a host is offering $5/mo and not overselling, that's fine, providing of course his track record for service and uptime is verifiable.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •