Hybrid View

Registerfly.com renewal... need help

Hi,

I did a renewal on registerfly on one of my domains, but they said, it should be transferred before renewing.

This is the email i got or transfer request...

Registerfly.com received notification on Sep 5 2006 12:00AM (EST) that you have requested a transfer to another domain name registrar. If you want to proceed with this transfer, you do not need to respond to this message. If you wish to either cancel or expedite the transfer, please respond to this message before Sep 10 2006 12:00AM (EST) by using the following URL:
    What is this? Is this transferring into registerfly or transfer away from registerfly?

I actually rejected the transfer as the mail was confusing in a sense that it was transferring away from registerfly to some other unknown registrar...

Pls help me with this quickly.

How do i retain this domain without losing.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

on site

I just renewed my domain name and the 1 year was not added yet? I also received a transfer request. What is going on?

:: Answer
    We have a new renewal process in place as of 2/1. Previously RegisterFly.com used multiple providers to handle our backend domain name registrations. We are now consolidating from multiple providers into RegisterFly.com directly. When you submit a renewal request we will be requesting the transfer from the different providers directly to RegisterFly.com, inc an ICANN acredited registrar. When the name transfers over (usually in a day or so) the full year will be added to your domain name. Your site and settings will remain unchanged during this transition. If you have any questions please feel free to contact our support department at support@registerfly.com

They no longer resell domain names and now own registrar. I have renewed over 30 names this way and it work ok.

Looks like, i lost this domain of mine for no fault of mine.

How can I get this domain back from registerfly.com. They are turning out to be big cheats.

Is there someone at ICANN or other overseeing bodies, i can contact and resolve my issue and get my domain back??

Thank you for any help, please.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleCow
    Looks like, i lost this domain of mine for no fault of mine.
    No, you didn't lose your domain, (read above). I must admit when you see that "transfer" message it is frightening.

Personally, I find it easier to transfer away and be done with them.

fewcoin

A person from registerfly has PMed me asking for the domain and also my ID. His ID on WHT is RegFly... not sure, if it is safe to give him my details?

Infact my home page is gone and my nameservers for the domain area lso changed now, they are now loading a parking page on that domain.

Since their tranfer email [which they decided to transfer without my permission/without choice upon renewal] is scary... i had to reject the transfer. It looks like they are tranferring away without our knowledge just to make it legal for them to snatch domains off their customers. Sounds like a white collar crime to me.

Their support really sucks big time and they have not replied to my tickets for more than a week now.

If i end up losing my domain... i'd like to contact the ICANN or suitable authorities and have these guys close the shop. I have been reading too much bad press about registerfly on various forums.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Yes, absolutely, Regfly is totally reputable and a nice person. He has saved a lot of people from problems with RF support.

fewcoin

RegFly (Paul) is VERY helpful and nice person. You can trust him your domain and username - he works (at least used to work some time ago) for RF. He is not asking for your password, is he?

If you're feeling only conspiracies around you, no wonder you're ending with your domain expired...
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Thank you. I have sent him my domain which is under discussion and have asked him to look into the issue for me. No reply so far yet from him. I'll wait for him to come back and see, if he can help me. I have not given him my username either. Just the domain and i am sure, he can figure out the user. No password was given to him either. I'll wait for him to come back and then... is it okay to give him my user name at registerfly?

Yes, i am kind of not trusting them because of the experience i have just had and also about all the horror stories [domain thefts by registerfly from their customers by illegal practices] about registerfly across the web.

However, if he cannot get my domain back... please give me some suggestions as to what is the best route to go in getting my domain back. They are supposed to be iCANN accredited and being they they need to follow some laid rules is there someone i can talk to at some authorities and get my domain back.

Thanks
    Last edited by PurpleCow; 09-11-2006 at 11:33 PM.

You should give him all and everything he asks!!!

Alternate route isn't such obvious as you might think. You rejected the transfer and now you must feel like it's YOU who's the cause of your problems. Frankly, it's right... You should have read their FAQ, before doing anything with the transfer request.

There is no reason to worry about when you work with reputable companies like registerfly.

You should be careful about the companies called DROA or DROC with brown letters in your mail box and ignore these mails.

RegisterFly: They started as reseller of another ICANN registrar.

After becoming ICANN accredited, they send transfer request instead of renewal for the domains to be renewed. They do it for the domains they have registered through the registrar they are reseller of and not for he domains they registered through their ICANN accredited registrar account.

So that they take the domains under their ICANN/Verisign account. In other words:

Consolidating the domain portfolio under their own registrar account.

There is nothing wrong with this practice. The domain name is renewed after a successful transfer.

But you should not worry about

AS LONG AS

you do a whois query on your domain and your name still shows as the registrant and the admin email belongs to you.

Please note that as a registrar we can start and confirm any domain transfer. This is a really vulnerable point with com domain names. Some registrars might be abusing this. So in order to keep your domain name safe, please ask your registrar to lock the domain name .

In order to understand if a domain name is locked, please do a whois query and see the status of the domain name.

You can use http://www.internic.net for a whois query.

If the status of the domain name is Active, it is vulnerable
    if it is registrar-lock then you can feel safe.
    MBT
    SiberName.com is an ICANN/CIRA/Eurid Accredited Registrar. since 2000.

Canadian Registrar for .CA Domain Names Registrations. Canadian Web Site Hosting Service Provider.

Thanks there for the suggestions.
    The reason why i denied the transfer was because their email looks very scary if you got to read it. I have posted it above. It doesn't convey the right messages rather only confuses and scares u.

I should definitely thank Paul from RegisterFly, who solved my issue and it is now renewed. Everything looks good so far and I should really THANK Paul for the same.

Thanks everyone here also at WHT.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleCow
    I should definitely thank Paul from RegisterFly, who solved my issue and it is now renewed. Everything looks good so far and I should really THANK Paul for the same.
    As we all said to you - Paul is very nice and trustworthy person to work with. For me, it's the only hope RegisterFly has...

You said it right Stan.
    Thanks to Paul again.

Cheers