Trying to buy a domain with fake contact info

This domain name is not being used, so there is no contact info on the webpages. How can I go about aquiring it? It doesnt expire for a while, and all the whois info is fake.

ps. been registered with interland (web.com)

You can report fake whois to the registrar and then wait for either true info to be submitted or registrar cancelling the domain and releasing it to the public.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

If the guy that owns the domain does not respond they delete it? How long does this process take? Is there away I can put a backorder on it so if it happens I will get it?

This process took about 2-3 weeks at GoDaddy recently, before the domain got deleted. You could ask web.com if they have a backorder service or a prefered auction partner, but since I've never heard that they have, they probably don't. Which means you'll need to backorder it at the dropcatchers, Pool/SnapNames/NameWinner. Backorder is free with a min order price of $60. If they win the domain, you'll have to bid against anyone else who might be interested in the domain, tho.
    Signature Under Construction.

report to internic site about bad whois. can be good to update informtion by force

Quote Originally Posted by Manesh
    This domain name is not being used
    A little clarification: the domain name is used the moment it's registered, whether its
    registrant is actively "using" it or not.

Domain could be used not only for keeping an active site. There are many other uses: DNS servers, email, traffic routing, irc, newsfeeds... etc etc etc. If there's no site there does not mean domain is not being USED.

I agree with Dave, though. Once it's registered, it's used (with subtle difference between 'used' and 'being used').

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    This process took about 2-3 weeks at GoDaddy recently, before the domain got deleted.
    tell more.
    were you involved in having someone's domain deleted?
    did you register it when it dropped?

It got deleted but the original owner beat me to the re-registration

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    It got deleted but the original owner beat me to the re-registration
    He/she put correct info the second time, I suspect.

it gets deleted and drops into redemption period, doesn't get available instantly
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

ahah! That explains a lot. It was well worth the redemption fee tho, being a four letter noun/verb .com