copyrighting web based business

I have a web based business that sells web hosting (like everyone else). in more specific i sell Game Servers and Voice servers.

For a upcoming tournament a gaming team needs a sponsor to sponsor them a voice server, which im agreeing to do, their shirts they will wear to the tournament will have my websites logo on it.

since my website doesnt really have a logo that says me. I hired someone to create one! which is what is going to be used on their shirts. (hes also going to redesign my website)

My business is fairly new, only a couple months old. But i think now is the time to copyright it seeing that I'm starting to earna public image. Looking through different google articles and things I can't find exactly what I need to do to copyright my company name and logo. Most things I've found I think may not apply to me.

Could somebody please point me into the right direction?

I don't think copyright is the right word. However any artwork is automatically copyrigted by the owner. That means if your website is designed from start to finish by you and your logo also and you can prove it, then it is automatically copyrighted.

Now when it comes to names and to avoid anyone copying your logo and have real protection, you should look into trade marking your name and logo. I'm not sure where are you located but if you are in USA go here to read some more: http://www.uspto.gov/teas/index.html
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

what ways should i keep as proof that the artwork of the logo/website design are owned by me that the courts will accept?

and im about to read all up and down that page you included in your post, and i assume this is just to cover the name of the company (the teas thing) and the artwork is covered as long as i have proof right? (just making sure i got what you said)

The link I put there is also for your logo, notice most of the recognize logos have the TM mark next to them or SM, so it is good to trademark both the name and the logo.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

reading the where do i start guide
    http://www.uspto.gov/web/trademarks/workflow/start.htm

there was a index searching utility to make sure the name you want isn't taken.

My company's name is Go Fast Gaming searching through the index i found instances of there being already trademarked titles under "Go Fast' and "GoFast" will this casue any conflicts? should i be consulting a lawyer or something about this?

If you read the full trademark it will state the instances that the trademark applies, and what industries it applies to.

Lots of companies have the same words in their trademarks (web, internet, etc come to mind), but usage matters. If you are serious about trademarking your name/logo you really should talk to a trademark lawyer as they will be the only people who can give you any real advice, based on your exact situation.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you