Thread: SolarVPS Review

* SolarVPS Review

I've had SolarVPS for four months. I decided to purchase there smallest VPS package . I was able to use anything just like any other VPS provider would provide plus the use of IRC applications. Let me first say, that their support is amazing! There response time's are fast and usually take 15mins to an hour. I really enjoy the unmanged service as I get a cheaper rate, and more control over the VPS itself. I did ask about having a complete mail server set up for me, but was informed this sort of thing was not included with an unmanged package and it would cause more problems in the end. They were absolutely right, it's not there responibility and with all the changes I would have wanted, it would have been a nightmere for both of us. I ended up reading a few well written documents and set up everything myself... I'm glad I did as I've learned a few things about mail servers and what not.

For the four months I've had this VPS with SolarVPS, I've had no complaints. As for now I'm waiting on my support ticket to have my VPS reinstalled. I have made a list of what I would like on my VPS and what my configurations should be and would like to make it a clean install of everything, so that requries me to start off with a clean install so I may install, configure, and hopefully never have to touch the VPS again.

All in all, I say purchase your next VPS with SolarVPS. If anyone has any paticular questions regarding my experience please post and I'll be happy to answer them!

I second that SolarVPS review, best provider there is. We are looking into getting a second with them!

You can reinstall your VPS yourself in the VZCP.

James
    James Bone, citruszebra
    citruszebra.cz // 03333 404 100 // cz-at-citruszebra.cz

Any views are my own and not of any company I may represent.

Really?! Where's this at? Could you give me a link?

Usually PowerPanel is available at https://<Your Main VPS IP>:4643
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

Thought so... I have nothing like that. Just the basic VPS with root login.

That option dissapeared when they upgraded to Vz 3

You know, i never noticed that the option had dissappeared!!
    James Bone, citruszebra
    citruszebra.cz // 03333 404 100 // cz-at-citruszebra.cz

Any views are my own and not of any company I may represent.

Quote Originally Posted by 9212
    Really?! Where's this at? Could you give me a link?
    Your VPS is running on an OpenVZ server which, unforunately, doesn't offer a Power Panel interface.
    Solar VPS The Best Price to Performance Ratio In Cloud and VPS Hosting
    e: sales@solarvps.com
    The SolarSystem - On Demand VM Creation, DNS Control and more.
    Speed Test: speed.fortressitx.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aaton35
    Your VPS is running on an OpenVZ server which, unforunately, doesn't offer a Power Panel interface.

Maybe this is a feature that could be hard codded in? I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate it, especially if we were testing software, etc...

I'm glad to hear this. I rushed in a bit and signed up a few hours ago.

Could anyone send me a link to their site hosted in the US? I want to see how well it performs.

The test download link solar provides is so fast. Consistently over 1MBps.
    Last edited by dvessel; 09-08-2006 at 11:06 PM.
    -joon [www:dvessel:com]

Quote Originally Posted by dvessel
    I'm glad to hear this. I rushed in a bit and signed up a few hours ago.

Could anyone send me a link to their site hosted in the US? I want to see how well it performs.

The test download link solar provides is so fast. Consistently over 1MBps.
    Yea sure, I'll PM you one of my sites addy's.

I'm finding my way around the new environment. I kept fooling around and wasn't too worried when I screwed things up. It's better to break things now when I don't have anything set up, right? Well, I decided to reinstall the VPS myself through Virtuozzo and it wiped DirectAdmin.. Duh.!? Sent in a ticket and they fixed it in no time.

Learned a good bit just by breaking things, but my site is running smoothly now on the VPS. I absolutely love it so far. Performance is really nice and I love the fat pipes. Not moving into another shared host was a good move.

Thanks again 9212 for the link and Ross for posting the discount codes. Really wanted the 40% off but 25% is still a really sweet deal.

Ross, if I ever wanted more RAM would that break my 25% off that's for the life of my account? -thanks!
    -joon [www:dvessel:com]

Quote Originally Posted by dvessel
    I'm finding my way around the new environment. I kept fooling around and wasn't too worried when I screwed things up. It's better to break things now when I don't have anything set up, right? Well, I decided to reinstall the VPS myself through Virtuozzo and it wiped DirectAdmin.. Duh.!? Sent in a ticket and they fixed it in no time.

Learned a good bit just by breaking things, but my site is running smoothly now on the VPS. I absolutely love it so far. Performance is really nice and I love the fat pipes. Not moving into another shared host was a good move.

Thanks again 9212 for the link and Ross for posting the discount codes. Really wanted the 40% off but 25% is still a really sweet deal.

Ross, if I ever wanted more RAM would that break my 25% off that's for the life of my account? -thanks!
    I'd send in a sales support ticket and ask them that.