Just looking for opinions to see if I'm way off base or not. I'm keeping my host's name out of this, as it's not really relevant--I just want to see if I'm over reacting.

The story:

I tried to download a backup today, and was getting ~30KB/sec. I've got 3MB DSL, so I can (and do) get ~360KB/sec.

I tried to get data from other sources, and it was fine...getting it at full speed, ruling out my connection.

I checked my phpsysinfo script to check on load, disk space, etc. I noticed that eth0 had errors... 16,943,697 at the time.

So, I figure that's a problem... a big problem, and most likely the reason I'm downloading slowly. I put the ticket in at 0600. 6 hours later, I get a reply that "Our system engineers are working on this issue and should be resolved shortly". Again, this was ~6 hours after putting in the ticket.

At 9 hours since putting in the ticket, I updated the ticket, asking for an update. Nothing.

At 12 hours since the ticket, 6 hours past the only update on the ticket, I put in another request for info.

The errors are currently at 17,541,011. Rough math says thats ~1,000,000 errors per day, which matches nicely with the current system uptime. That's about 12 errors a second!!

Page loads are fine; fast actually. It's downloading any data that is the problem; if I wouldn't have tried to DL a backup, I may not have noticed.

Now, my questions after all of this is: Should this be a concern? Should it be handled in <12 hours? Should it be a low priority?

I feel frustrated that I'm pointing out that hardware is failing and it seems my host doesn't care. Am I off base?

Thanks for your inputs.