I rent an server from giga and i can only say people dont go to giga !!!!
    First of all iam staying less then 100 kilometers from the giga datacenter away and the speed is just bad. On weekends you can be happy ive you have an speed of 40 kB/s.
    MMEDV : We change it very often so that every server has a good speed <--
    LOL thats funny
    Yes they have a new carrier line but you are sharing the lines so heavily that iam getting better speed from US lines then from your line.
    People think about it, yes the price is nice, service is also really good, but the line is just crap
    Have a nice day

I rent an server from giga and i can only say people dont go to giga !!!!
    First of all iam staying less then 100 kilometers from the giga datacenter away and the speed is just bad. On weekends you can be happy i&#180;ve you have an speed of 40 kB/s.
    MMEDV : We change it very often so that every server has a good speed <--
    LOL thats funny
    Yes they have a new carrier line but you are sharing the lines so heavily that iam getting better speed from US lines then from your line.
    People think about it, yes the price is nice, service is also really good, but the line is just crap
    Have a nice day
    Hi,

this might be true (in some parts) for the OLD line, but everyone knows that we have got exactly because of these problems a NEW 1gbit/s-line from Tiscali 1 week ago and since then the speed is great at any time (ask anyone you want).
    Currently several hundreds of mbit/s are unused and available for every customer.

PS: Just try out our speed-test-file or the one customers have offered (above e.g.). :-)
    We don't have to hide ourselbes with regard to the bandwidth.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by MMEDV
    Hi,

this might be true (in some parts) for the OLD line, but everyone knows that we have got exactly because of these problems a NEW 1gbit/s-line from Tiscali 1 week ago and since then the speed is great at any time (ask anyone you want).
    Currently several hundreds of mbit/s are unused and available for every customer.

PS: Just try out our speed-test-file or the one customers have offered (above e.g.). :-)
    We don't have to hide ourselbes with regard to the bandwidth.

Best regards

Allright then you can explain me this :
    From the Test ip you have provided =
    A Test-IP (Dedicated Server M, Celeron 2,4) is: 217.172.44.66
    my downspeed is very good almost fullspeed but from my own box i have rented from you i only get Transferred 1 file totaling 47,68 MB in 4 minutes 44 seconds (171,8 KB/s)
    How is this possible ? Simply the testip server is dedicated and the rented ones are shared like ****. Dont believe me ? rent a giga server and see it for yourself^^

Hi,

just to let you know:

The IP 217.172.44.66 doesn't exist anymore, it's an old test-ip from our old network.

Please start to realize that we have got a new network since 1 week :-)

Thank you!

Best regards

PS: Just use the test-file a customer of us has uploaded (look somewhere above). Noone has to use our testfile :-)
    All the servers are connected similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballack
    Allright then you can explain me this :
    From the Test ip you have provided =
    A Test-IP (Dedicated Server M, Celeron 2,4) is: 217.172.44.66
    my downspeed is very good almost fullspeed but from my own box i have rented from you i only get Transferred 1 file totaling 47,68 MB in 4 minutes 44 seconds (171,8 KB/s)
    How is this possible ? Simply the testip server is dedicated and the rented ones are shared like ****. Dont believe me ? rent a giga server and see it for yourself^^
    I just ran a test with their 30 meg file they provided and now am running the same test with the 100 MB test file a user put up. Lets see, the ETA is still 45 minutes on one of the boxes.

i have a server with them and the speeds been excellent!

also they speak english over the phone

heres a screenshot
    http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1522/image2oj8.png

question: how to view all connections like that?
    ~ Ganbareee

use iftop

if you have Suse its in the YAST package manager

otherwise compile from http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pdw/iftop/

hmm... i'm planning to give their cheapest server a try for a few months. can anybody else confirm that they're on a NEW 1Gbit line now?

i would hate to waste money and then find out their supposed unmetered (shared) 100Mbit connection can't even get up to 100 kB/s!

its on a new tiscali connections since end of august

one of mine european servers is with them, excellent connectivity within europe i get at least 80mbit to my other servers

thank you mihd, appreciate the quick reply! found out they have a new thread here...