Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stay away from HiyaCorp hosting

I have been fighting with HiyaCorp hosting for months. You can see my original post about it here http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=512634

I was put on their Zues server which crashes at least once a week. When I first paid for my account it was 2 weeks before I could even use it because it took them that long just to get Zues running.

I have been requesting to be moved off of Zues for months, every time the server went down I would request to be moved to another server that was more stable.

The response from HiyaCorp was to cancel my account without warning. I paid for a years hosting and still have half of that owed to me. This company has proven time and again that they only care about the dollar signs and couldn't care less about their customers.

If you are hosting with HiyaCorp I suggest you find a new host as soon as possible. I now have 10 web sites without hosting, costing me over $200 a day while they are down. That is a pretty stiff response to requesting HiyaCorp give me the service I have already paid for.

They still haven't removed the rip of the netnations website that they have up on there

I'm not sure what they are doing now. They cancelled my paypal subscription and my sites were down. Now the sites are back up but no word from them as to why they cancelled my subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by lochshire
    I'm not sure what they are doing now. They cancelled my paypal subscription and my sites were down. Now the sites are back up but no word from them as to why they cancelled my subscription.
    Hi,

Well at least your sites are backup which is good news and you should take this time to grab full copies of your site backups asap

Hopefully things between you and hiyacorp will work out and maybe they'll resolve your issues.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

My advice:
    -- take you loss and move on.
    -- search for feedback on WHT before signing up with a new host.
    -- used a hosting service for at least 6 months before paying annually.

These companies are excellent in everyway . . .
    -- Sonet7
    -- SharkSpace

I get to chime in. :-)

Lets answer everything one by one...

I was put on their Zues server which crashes at least once a week. When I first paid for my account it was 2 weeks before I could even use it because it took them that long just to get Zues running.
    Well, for one Zeus has not crash in a while. We did have problems a while back with bad RAM, but we replaced the RAM and Zeus is now a very stable server. We've already explained to you what happened when you signed up, it was beyond our control.

I have been requesting to be moved off of Zeus for months, every time the server went down I would request to be moved to another server that was more stable.
    Give me ticket numbers and I'll look it up. I see no un-answered requests.

The response from HiyaCorp was to cancel my account without warning. I paid for a years hosting and still have half of that owed to me.
    Umm, I don't see where you get that. You account is still shown as active in our billing system. Your sites are up and running.

This company has proven time and again that they only care about the dollar signs and couldn't care less about their customers.
    You couldn't be further from the truth. Everything clients ask for, we give. We have been constantly improving our services to better serve our clients.

If you are hosting with HiyaCorp I suggest you find a new host as soon as possible. I now have 10 web sites without hosting, costing me over $200 a day while they are down. That is a pretty stiff response to requesting HiyaCorp give me the service I have already paid for.
    If you are making $200/day off of your websites, might I suggest a dedicated server. It would be much more 'stable'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazel3
    They still haven't removed the rip of the netnations website that they have up on there
    New site design is almost done. As we made clear in that thread, we did not know it was a rip off. Our designer "created" the design and took off. We have been working to create a new design, which will be up soon.

I woke up this morning to an inbox full of subscription cancellations. I have called PayPal to ask for an explaination, but they have not called me back. Not sure what happened.

Always another side to every story.

~Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Upstream
    My advice:
    -- take you loss and move on.
    -- search for feedback on WHT before signing up with a new host.
    -- used a hosting service for at least 6 months before paying annually.

These companies are excellent in everyway . . .
    -- Sonet7
    -- SharkSpace
    We have great feedback on WHT and we have hundreds of happy clients. SharkSpace has only been in business for 3 months.... We've been in business since 2003.

Fred,

I had an account with HostingLite and after a few months recognized that I was riding a dead horse and quickly got off . . . so I KNOW first-hand about YOUR service.

SJR Hosting changed their name to SharkSpace last month and I've been with them since the first of the year. They really know how to run a hosting company and I could not be happier with their service.

Here's the info you missed on the name change:

............................................................................

8/6/2006
    SJR Hosting changes name to SharkSpace

SJR Hosting (www.SJRHosting.com), a shared, reseller and dedicated hosting provider, unveiled the new company name SharkSpace (www.SharkSpace.com) and a new interactive website on August 6th, 2006. The company was not sold nor acquired; it was just renamed.

After several successful years in the hosting industry SJR Hosting decided to make the name change because SJR Hosting is not brandable while SharkSpace is. The company ran a survey of 100 people asking if all things were the same which company would you sign up with, SJR Hosting or SharkSpace, and 89% of the people chose SharkSpace based on the name alone. The CEO, Scott Jones, said, “SJR Hosting built a very respectable name for itself over the years, but this name change was needed to take the company to the next level.”

Along with the name change SharkSpace will also offer an improved, more reliable hosting environment and live sales chat. The company also announced that live 24/7 support chat will be added in the upcoming months. “With the new name SharkSpace should be able to go to the next level where we can provide our customers with every feature that will make their hosting experience reliable, fast and easy to use. The name change is only the start of the new exciting things to come,” said CEO Scott Jones.

I'll chime in as well ...

I was once a very content customer of HiyaCorp. In fact, I wrote a couple of reviews and had nothing but positive things to say about them.

Since their acquisition by Ambient Solutions, I have to say that I'm not 100% pleased with their service, the response that I get from their support people, or with the stability of the server that I am on.

I have sent in many help tickets, and yes, they do get answered but here's what I always get back ...

"We have checked your sites and are working fine at our end.Please check the same at your end and get back to us if you still facing the problem."

"Server is working fine, we are not facing any problem with the sites.
    However, at this point, we are unable to replicate the problem you are facing and the website seems to be working fine. May we please suggest that you check if this problem still persists at your end Meanwhile, we will investigate this further and will get back to you if we have new finding "

"We have monitored server for the httpd issue. There is no problem from server end. You may need to check if local isp has any problem. Please be sure you have net connection without any disconnections. It may cause problem to access your site."

I get reports almost daily that says that my sites are down. I have 3 paid monitors that keep track of the site, and these are from 3 different monitoring companies, each with connections to the net from different data centres. All 3 report the outages at approximately the same times (within 30 - 60 seconds of each other). Plus, I have 2 separate internet connections, from two different providers myself that I also have monitors setup and running on ... these also report the same outages.

I don't see how all 5 can be reporting the same outages. If it was just 1 out of 5, I would say, it's something strange with that connection.

The HiyaCorp support forum had been hacked and was unavailable for several days ... no one noticed until I pointed it out and it was then taken offline. A similar thing happened with one of the hosting servers a while back and it took me screaming HELL until this was solved.

Support tickets go anywhere from 5 - 10 hours on average from being answered. Live support is rarely available online .... phone support to their phone is non-existent, all I get is a fax machine or the call cannot be completed as dialed.

Yes Fred, you guys try. But things never improve. I'm sorry, but that's exactly how I see it. It's not you personally, you are great to deal with and I truly do miss the personal approach that you took with your company. Since it was sold however, it has gone so much downhill that I wish I was a downhill skier.

I would have and did give you guys a 9.5 / 10 early on in my hosting experience with you. Recently, I would give you a 1.5 - 2.5 / 10. And I've been hosting with you for 2 years so I think I can speak from experience.

I've moved almost everything away from you guys now ... and have several other domains that I host that I will be transferring away shortly. All my new domains are hosted on another provider and to be honest, I had to go check to make sure what provider it was because I had forgotten .... ZERO troubles since I've been with them.

I am still a customer, and just hoping that things do improve so that I don't have to go through the trouble of transferring my last few domains.

And I do have the support tickets, support conversations, and all the correspondence kept to back my claims, including all the outage reports, emails from the owner of Ambient, etc etc etc etc. Fact is, what's the good to complain.

There's never been anything done to show improvement once you make a complaint.

It's always the same "Check it again on your end".

Just me.

When your having a problem are you able to get a trace route back to your site? If not, send a copy to your provider, and let them look at it. It may help them in finding the issue, assuming its not on their server.
    http://www.compunetcentral.com
    CompuNet Communications, Inc. - Reliable, Professional Web Hosting Solutions.
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover & PayPal accepted!
    Web Hosting, Resellers and Dedicated Servers with 24/7 Support

Dear All,

Let me chime in on this as well. We have had a spell of problems over the past few months and 80% being the DC with issues which in turn bounce back to us. We strive to make sure all clients are kept happy.

The paypal episode is due to the billing system being upgraded and all subscriptions will be renewed on the next billing cycle so do not panic that's our job!

Quote Originally Posted by si2040
    Dear All,

Let me chime in on this as well. We have had a spell of problems over the past few months and 80% being the DC with issues which in turn bounce back to us. We strive to make sure all clients are kept happy.

The paypal episode is due to the billing system being upgraded and all subscriptions will be renewed on the next billing cycle so do not panic that's our job!

Another hour of downtime reported this morning ... 5 separate monitors showing the same outage.

I'm guessing that this is another "share of problems" that we must all experience?

Well I am not with that company but if your clients are getting notified that thier PayPal subscription is cancelled how can you tell them not to panic?

Dear All,

Notification of my sites going down at 10:45 P.M. from my monitoring companies. Verified through 5 different ISP accounts that I could not reach the sites (web / ftp / email).

Could not get to the support site for HiyaCorp, live support for "Ambient Solutions" (the parent company) was unavailable. No answer on the phone number that I have for them.

Sites came backup at at approximately 2:32 A.M. (I could now check email and ftp some files around) and I received notification from my monitoring companies at 2:35 A.M. that sites were functioning fine.

That's 5 hours downtime that I have experienced in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by geekie246
    That's 5 hours downtime that I have experienced in 2 days.
    Today would be a good day to shop for a new host! I recommend Sonet7 and SharkSpace--both are excellent in every way.

FredTT,

Six months ago when the server went down for over a week I posted here. You answered that thread and said I should never have been put on Zues server as a new account because it had known issues. The server went down within a week of my creating an account.

In the other thread you stated to email you and you would get my account transferred to another server. I did email you and never got a response. I did not follow up because you had stated in the other thread that you were the previous owner and no longer worked for the host, but just still had access the system.

I talk with live support almost every day concerning my sites being down. Usually it is only an hour outage and not worth a support ticket so you will not find any on that.

As for moving my account, check support ticket number GJB-762268. It was submitted on Aug 28th. That same day I recieved this response:

"The server zeus is now online. We have taken your request under our consideration. we will move the account on a other server and let you know."

This response was followed by the ticket being closed as solved. I am still on Zues server, one which you said six months ago I should never have been on. I still have sites go down every day.

When I do talk to live support they have no idea the server is even down, and when I tell them they say "Tech is working on it and it will be back up shortly." I get that exact same response EVERY time I report the server down.

Btw, according to the support site Zues has been taken down two times in the last six months because of phishing on the server. That doesn't sound like a stable and secure server.

I do not want to cause problems, but I do expect to ge the service I paid for. If shady service was tried in brick and mortar business the doors would be closed very fast. It is a real shame that so many take advantage of the fact that your not face to face with your customer.

I know for a fact that if I had some of your support people in front of me <<< there would be kisses >>> because of their <<< loving >>> comments I have recieved from saying I would like my account moved to a stable server.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 09-27-2006 at 03:34 PM.

Another 7 hours of downtime last night. Confirmed by three separate monitoring programs.

I now have my last 12 sites ready to transfer away from HiyaCorp.

All support requests were returned as "undeliverable" and there was no response on their online "live" chat.

WHM was working, which allowed me to restart the httpd service and all is well for now.

This is an ongoing problem .... httpd tends to just die or hang and no response on port 80.

All 12 sites now remaining on that server are down.

No response to emails, support, or online chat.

No phone service.

Servers are not responding.

3 more minor outages reported up this major crash.

Great service and support?

I think not!

Come on Fred, step up to the plate and explain this one away?

16 days from my original post and still no change. Fred comes in and spouts off about support tickests then dissapears after I post one showing I am telling the truth.

Considering there has been no response from them for days I see this as admission of guilt on their part. They know they are wrong and can not argue out of it so they just stay quiet.

Goes to show they couldn't care less about their customers as long as they get their money does it not?

Guys,

All of you need to calm down as we have a monitoring system stuff you talk about is just silly. We monitor the systems 24x7 and the only issues have been over the past few weeks when we were rebuilding the dns. Also at the same time I would like to say if you are not happy with the service move as there is only a handful of you out of the thousands of clients we have who tend to kick up a fuss. We have upgraded support, forums, website, servers and network. Also for those of you who 'say' they have placed a ticket to support@ and not got a response PM me your ticket number and we will check this as we have 24x7 support 365 days a year.

Also just to let you know about our uptime have a look at:
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptim...pNetworks.html

These guys monitor our systems and no where does it show that we have the downtimes you say we do. Also half these ISP's you use work on a pinging method to ping the server via a url/ip. We have upgraded security to after severl 'knocks' to time out the ping if its from the same source as not only does that create load it just causing extra stress on the servers. All our services are monitored all the time.

On a final note if we really cared about money then we would not be giving away a few weeks of free hosting to paypal clients. We had to cancel them as we are upgrading the billing to MB5.

No responses to chat please tell us when as our support staff take on all chat calls and they are logged. E-mail where did you email as it should be to support@ or billing@ and thats it. Phone is for sales only and NOT support related calls.

HiyaCorp Networks

Guys,

All of you need to calm down as we have a monitoring system stuff you talk about is just silly. We monitor the systems 24x7 and the only issues have been over the past few weeks when we were rebuilding the dns. Also at the same time I would like to say if you are not happy with the service move as there is only a handful of you out of the thousands of clients we have who tend to kick up a fuss. We have upgraded support, forums, website, servers and network. Also for those of you who 'say' they have placed a ticket to support@ and not got a response PM me your ticket number and we will check this as we have 24x7 support 365 days a year.

Also just to let you know about our uptime have a look at:
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptim...pNetworks.html

These guys monitor our systems and no where does it show that we have the downtimes you say we do. Also half these ISP's you use work on a pinging method to ping the server via a url/ip. We have upgraded security to after severl 'knocks' to time out the ping if its from the same source as not only does that create load it just causing extra stress on the servers. All our services are monitored all the time.

On a final note if we really cared about money then we would not be giving away a few weeks of free hosting to paypal clients. We had to cancel them as we are upgrading the billing to MB5.

No responses to chat please tell us when as our support staff take on all chat calls and they are logged. E-mail where did you email as it should be to support@ or billing@ and thats it. Phone is for sales only and NOT support related calls.

HiyaCorp Networks
    Which server are you monitoring?

The monitoring services that I use, does not rely on "pings", it monitors a series of ports that I designate, makes realtime connections to those ports, pulls the data at predefined intervals, or random times, depending on what is set.

Guys,

Does this also account for times when I get notified of an outage, I then connect via 5 separate internet connections (2 x cable connections, 1 x DSL, 1 x 10 mbit dedicated fibre, 1 x 256K frame circuit all from different providers) and cannot access the resource in question (i.e. http - port 80, email, ftp, database), but can access the resource through either WHM or Cpanel?

And then if I manually restart the services in WHM, everything functions correctly until the next outage?

Hiyacorp was at one point an absolute awesome company, with the absolute best service ever received ..... trust me, I've dealt with ones much worst than.

All I'm saying is that the issues are ongoing, and I'm tired of being told that it's at my end, or something that I'm doing .... that's part of the problem.

I have also pm'd you here when there have been issues because the support solutions (live chat, email etc) have been unavailable.

Hiya,

I fully appricate your comments and we are working and doing our best to bring back stability to the network. We have been working closely with the DC as well on the issue as Burst over the past few months have had major issues on their hands which indirectly effected all of us as well. We have two DNS servers and we are in the process of upgrading the hardware as this is the only point of failure as the servers are all running fine. I will check with support over the issues you have highlighted to see what can be done. I do appricate your concern and we always take customer concerns seriously. Over the next few months we will be investing much more into our DC and network to ensure the best service available.

HiyaCorp Networks

Great to see a representative updating the customers regarding the issue here at WHT, hope the hardware issues will work out for HiyaCorp so the server issues will be solved.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Hi,

Yes well we do our best to keep clients upto date. Its always a handful that have an issue and they like to voice it out which is fine..every company has that.

HiyaCorp Networks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast