Talking Why its good to be a famous person:

Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I'm still in shock that he wasn't carrying insurance for that car! You'd think he'd have people working for him to cover that kind of thing.

And yes, celebrities get all sorts of wonderful special treatment when it comes to breaking the law. I'm sure if there were more of an uproar that wouldn't happen, but we just seem to sit back and take it
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

It's cheaper to not insure that thing, and if the car gets impounded, pay the $1000 to get it out.

Also, 50 cent is a punk.
    Can you be scared half to death twice?

Who would insure cars like that??? makes no sense..if you can afford a car like that, you can probably afford to get it repaired without having to worry about finances.

Laws should be changed for cars above $100k or so

Quote Originally Posted by ForumsAddict
    Who would insure cars like that??? makes no sense..if you can afford a car like that, you can probably afford to get it repaired without having to worry about finances.

Laws should be changed for cars above $100k or so
    Car insurance is more than just getting your car fixed if in an accident. It's also liability insurance so if you get sued, the insurance company will fight it (or pay up). The wealthier you are the more insurance you need. And not just car insurance. Since we're talking about rappers... In the immortal words of Biggie Smalls... Mo Money... Mo Problems.

The police don't care if he has collision insurance, but the law requires liability insurance. Having a lot of money in the bank should be an incentive to protect it with liability insurance, but it could be cumbersome for a victim to collect when the at-fault driver has no insurance company for the victim to deal with. That's why the law is right to require it.
    I think image is the main part of it. Even if it costs more, 50¢ would rather be seen getting arrested for having no insurance and his lawyer coming with a limo to drive him away than be seen having all his papers in order and just getting a ticket and saying "Thank you, Officer" like normal people do.

You can also get insurance exemption certificates, if you have a certain bank balance

lol.... he'll rap about and make money off it...

kinda odd, but I'm not surprised... his manager is not doing his/her job....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

this is common around the world !!

What would be funny is if they allowed him to drive away

nice
    u can do all the things u want if u are famous

I dont know, over here in California, you are required to have a certain amount of liability insurace, or at least $30,000 in bonds.

I don't get why he didn't insure it. Why would anyone that rich want to break the law in a way like that?
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

i don't get why you all missed the part about him driving dangerously? the insurance is a side issue.
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrestrtr
    You can also get insurance exemption certificates, if you have a certain bank balance
    Is that right? wow how much is enough though especialy in america where people sue others for a gazillion quid over nothing ..

Looks to me like he just bought the car. Why else would he have a permit? that's a temporary vehicle license. It's not a driver license.

if he just bought it that sure explains why it's not covered yet.

I dunno, lots of assumptions and very little info don't make sense either.

I recall the recent news about Mel Gibson.
    Last edited by DigitalLounge; 09-10-2006 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALGORYTHM
    i don't get why you all missed the part about him driving dangerously? the insurance is a side issue.
    "Unsafe lane change" doesn't sound like a very big charge.
    I think most or all states allow a person to post a bond in lieu of insurance. That is supposed to be done prior to getting into the car and driving it.

Quote Originally Posted by infinite_in
    I recall the recent news about Mel Gibson.
    LOL... Mel went off!

Paris Hilton as well, although in one accident they did give her a pass.

One of the Isly Brothers just went to jail as well...

Having money does help, though.

I was also wondering why 50 only had a permit. He is 31 years old with a driving permit. I guess he does not drive much.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

It's all an advertisement for Unique.
    Can you be scared half to death twice?