* Need This Hosting Plan

Hello,

I would like if anyone can tell me where I can find a hosting plan with reseller account with all features also must have Cpanel X

I need plan which has 15GB Disk space plus 100-200GB Tranfer.

<<Snipped - hosts cannot contact you>>

Thank You!
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 09-10-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Try host gator. I think their reseller plan starts @ $24.99 or something.... Could also look at lunarpages.com they have some good plans but I think oversell a bit. They are still good though.

Quote Originally Posted by shopwebmall_com
    Hello,

I would like if anyone can tell me where I can find a hosting plan with reseller account with all features also must have Cpanel X

I need plan which has 15GB Disk space plus 100-200GB Tranfer.

If you have a plan that type, please let me know what is the monthly price for it
    and any contact info.

Thank You!
    What is your budget? You may have a problem find a good reliable host depending on your budget. Also, that is quite alot of transfer that you require. It is in the realm of possibly needing a dedicated server.

I need that plan, because I have other websites I want hosted, I just would like a service which is 99.9% uptime, my budget for this plan can be anything between $15-$25 a month.

you can try with this host gate.com, one of my friends is there.

Quote Originally Posted by shopwebmall_com
    I need that plan, because I have other websites I want hosted, I just would like a service which is 99.9% uptime, my budget for this plan can be anything between $15-$25 a month.
    Are you absolutely certain you need 100-200GB per month? With that much bandwidth you will probably have to go with a VPS or a dedicated server. A dedicated is well beyond your budget and finding a good VPS solution for $25/month is not impossible to find but it won't be easy to find a quality VPS at that price.

Are you absolutely certain you need 100-200GB per month? With that much bandwidth you will probably have to go with a VPS or a dedicated server. A dedicated is well beyond your budget and finding a good VPS solution for $25/month is not impossible to find but it won't be easy to find a quality VPS at that price.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, I think 100-200GB is for multiple domains not a single domain, so I dot think it would be a problem.
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyNetHosting
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, I think 100-200GB is for multiple domains not a single domain, so I dot think it would be a problem.
    I don't see the difference between the 2, whether it is a single domain or more than one domain, it's still the exact same amount of resources.

Hi SkyNet,

The OP asked for a reseller account with 100-200GB. To get a reseller account from a quality provider that allows that much bandwidth for $25/month is going to be tough to find. As an example Hostgator has a pretty stellar reputation around this board. So if you use them as an example their $24.95 plan only allows for 50GB of Bandwidth. I never said it would be impossible I said it would be tough to find. I suggested a VPS because if they truly need 100+ GB then a VPS would make a lot of sense. The OP would have less of a chance of running into a TOS limitation using that much in a shared environment than they would in a VPS environment.

Dave

I think you should try to reconsider your budget and maybe look at higher plans.

I don't see the difference between the 2, whether it is a single domain or more than one domain, it's still the exact same amount of resources.
    Hosts set resources limits per domain not per reseller account

Hi SkyNet,

The OP asked for a reseller account with 100-200GB. To get a reseller account from a quality provider that allows that much bandwidth for $25/month is going to be tough to find. As an example Hostgator has a pretty stellar reputation around this board. So if you use them as an example their $24.95 plan only allows for 50GB of Bandwidth. I never said it would be impossible I said it would be tough to find. I suggested a VPS because if they truly need 100+ GB then a VPS would make a lot of sense. The OP would have less of a chance of running into a TOS limitation using that much in a shared environment than they would in a VPS environment.
    I agree with you Dave, I guess there was a slight misunderstanding. What I wanted to say was that 100-200GB wouldn't be a issue if it is distributed among multiple domains as host set resources limits per domain not per reseller account.
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

I agree with you Dave, I guess there was a slight misunderstanding. What I wanted to say was that 100-200GB wouldn't be a issue if it is distributed among multiple domains as host set resources limits per domain not per reseller account.
    Actually, taking what you are saying one step further it might be cheaper depending on the circumstances to purchase multiple web hosting accounts and balance out his websites among them rather than purchasing a single reseller account.

Hosts set resources limits per domain not per reseller account
    I can't agree with your reasoning. If you have a customer with 2 domains and using 15% CPU combined, how could it possibly make sense to treat them as using more resources than a reseller with 100 domains and using 80% CPU.

The host is being paid for the account, so any decent host will take the overall usage of an account rather than just what one domain is using.

I can't agree with your reasoning. If you have a customer with 2 domains and using 15% CPU combined, how could it possibly make sense to treat them as using more resources than a reseller with 100 domains and using 80% CPU.
    We set CPU/recourse usage limits per cpanel account not per client otherwise it would be very unfair for the clients with multiple domains. Btw how do you guys set those limits up there?

We set CPU/recourse usage limits per cpanel account not per client otherwise it would be very unfair for the clients with multiple domains.
    That might work for small amounts of domains but it won't work with larger amounts.

For example, we have a few resellers with well over 100 domains on their account and let's assume we allowed each domain to use 1% of the CPU. Those figures would mean they could use 2-3 full machines 24/7 without ever needing to upgrade their package.

Also, if you think that it is unfair for people with multiple domains, how fair is your way for people with a small amount of domains? How do you explain to someone that you can't do anything about the overloaded server because the $10 or whatever that other reseller is paying allows them to use 1-2 full server's resources.

Hosting is a business and running at a loss just "to be fair" without being fair and charging a decent price to match the usage only damages your business.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiHost-Wullie
    That might work for small amounts of domains but it won't work with larger amounts.

For example, we have a few resellers with well over 100 domains on their account and let's assume we allowed each domain to use 1% of the CPU. Those figures would mean they could use 2-3 full machines 24/7 without ever needing to upgrade their package.

Also, if you think that it is unfair for people with multiple domains, how fair is your way for people with a small amount of domains? How do you explain to someone that you can't do anything about the overloaded server because the $10 or whatever that other reseller is paying allows them to use 1-2 full server's resources.

Hosting is a business and running at a loss just "to be fair" without being fair and charging a decent price to match the usage only damages your business.
    Actually these things mostly depend on the inner workings of a company and according to their business plans. We don't offer unlimited domains and we carefully price our hosting plans according to domains: storage: transfer ratio so we never had any issues with profits or overloaded servers.

Actually these things mostly depend on the inner workings of a company and according to their business plans. We don't offer unlimited domains and we carefully price our hosting plans according to domains: storage: transfer ratio so we never had any issues with profits or overloaded servers.
    You have plans with 100 domains allowed and each domain is allowed to use 2% CPU. If a reseller had 100 and each domain was using half of the 2% you allow, the reseller is well within the scope of your plan yet they are using 100% of the resources available on that server. For that whole server being allocated, you bring in a total of $17/month. Now let's assume they were using just under 2% for each domain, that's 200% allocation (so 2 full servers), when you only bring in $34/month. There is no way you could continue to offer that to someone using that type of resources.

Obviously the above is worst case scenario, but even a reseller using 25% of a server and paying only $17 is never going to work yet is very possible that it could happen.

To me, a single amount across all the accounts is fairer to everyone. The reseller can use a combined amount of x or xx% resources and you are not being overloaded without money to cover what you are offering.

Our method is not fixed per reseller, the actual allocation reflects on a few things but mainly on the price being paid. For example one simple way to do this would be something like a total allocation of 1% CPU per $2 paid. In the $17 example, that reseller would have 8.5% CPU available to them which is fair to them and also to you.

Note that I used your company as an example, I'm not saying anything negative about your company, just trying to point out the flaw in allocating separate resources per account under a reseller.

Our method is not fixed per reseller, the actual allocation reflects on a few things but mainly on the price being paid. For example one simple way to do this would be something like a total allocation of 1% CPU per $2 paid. In the $17 example, that reseller would have 8.5% CPU available to them which is fair to them and also to you.
    So according to your theory, Your clients on Andromeda Plan will have only have .75CPU per domain domain. Don't you think it's a very low CPU avarage per domain?

So according to your theory, Your clients on Andromeda Plan will have only have .75CPU per domain domain. Don't you think it's a very low CPU avarage per domain?
    Surely you could have read the post properly and not misquoted me? I never said we use those exact figures, I said it's one simply way to calculate it and gave figures off the top of my head as an example. You can't just take example numbers and treat them as fact.

For example one simple way to do this would be something like a total allocation
    Don't you think it's a very low CPU avarage per domain?
    I'm not going to mention our actual formula here for working this out, but let's just say that each client is allocated a reasonable amount of resources for what they are paying for and we have absolutely no way to overload a server without being able to take action.

Your current formula is seriously flawed though and you have a very good chance that one single reseller could occupy 2 full servers at a cost of about $15. You cannot have everything benefiting your customers and also being good for your business and you are playing a dangerious game with figures like that because there is no way you could seriously offer that to a customer.

I'm not going to mention our actual formula here for working this out, but let's just say that each client is allocated a reasonable amount of resources for what they are paying for and we have absolutely no way to overload a server without being able to take action.
    Exactly, deferent companies have deferent formulas and deferent ways of running their businesses. Without knowing what we are actually working out from our end it is not fair for you to say, our modal will fail.

Your current formula is seriously flawed though and you have a very good chance that one single reseller could occupy 2 full servers at a cost of about $15.
    Price: $14.95
    Storage: 4GB
    Transfer: 50GB

So you are telling that a reseller with ONLY 50GB of Monthly Bandwidth Transfer can take up 2 full Dual Xeon 3GHz servers?

....... Shall we be more realistic here?
    Last edited by SkyNetHosting; 09-13-2006 at 05:57 PM.

Exactly, deferent companies have formulas and deferent ways of running their businesses. Without knowing what we are actually working out from our end it is not fair for you to say, our modal will fail. Besides we have been in the business for more than 2 years with a lovely customer base and we never had any issues with our business model
    I didn't say it would fail, I said it was a dangerous game to play because of the high potential that it could fail you. Just because you have never seen a problem in 2 years does not mean it can never happen.

Just think about this one question. If someone had 100 domains using 1% each, could you afford to allocate them a server for only $15?

Price: $14.95
    Storage: 4GB
    Transfer: 50GB

So you are telling that a reseller with ONLY 50GB of Monthly Bandwidth Transfer can take up 2 full Dual Xeon 3GHz servers?

....... Shall we be more realistic here?
    Yes a single reseller could very easily use 100% CPU on 2 servers with less than 50GB bandwidth. The amount of bandwidth allocated is irrelevant, it doesn't affect CPU usage in any way.

A simple endless looping script, which doesn't use any bandwidth, can bring any server to it's knees

A simple endless looping script, which doesn't use any bandwidth, can bring any server to it's knees
    True, Servers are monitored 24/7 and such scripts are disabled to prevent server abuse, don't you agree?

I didn't say it would fail, I said it was a dangerous game to play because of the high potential that it could fail you. Just because you have never seen a problem in 2 years does not mean it can never happen.
    If allocating CPU recourses per user (Per cPanel account) is so dangerous, then why is all the other major providers such as HostGator, Site5, HostingZoom, Micfo (I can give you a whole list if you like) are doing it the exact way we do?

If allocating CPU recourses per user (Per cPanel account) is so dangerous, then why is all the other major providers such as HostGator, Site5, HostingZoom, Micfo (I can give you a whole list if you like) are doing it the exact way we do?
    Trying to compare something as being ok because other providers do it really isn't a fair comparision. Godaddy and 1&1 for example oversell by crazy amounts, does that mean it is the best way to operate any company?

1) How do you know what their exact internal policies are for enforcing this?

2) They are dealing with a lot more servers/domains so they have more to play with.

3) A quick look at just one of the above providers sites shows a major flaw in their implementation of this clause as well.

Well I just named a few and I believe almost every cPanel provider is doing the same and it was mentioned by the owners itself and for hostgator via live chat. You can early verify this by contacting them individually if that what you like

Trying to compare something as being ok because other providers do it really isn't a fair comparision. Godaddy and 1&1 for example oversell by crazy amounts, does that mean it is the best way to operate any company?
    I'm not saying it's ok, just because other providers do the same. I approve this as we think its the best for our valued customers.

True, Servers are monitored 24/7 and such scripts are disabled to prevent server abuse, don't you agree?
    Being monitored 24/7 and actually being able to disable the script are 2 different things. When you have a fleet of 60 servers+ you get an alert on load, SSH in, see the offending process, kill it, and make sure it doesn't run again.

This happened recently on a Woodcrest server, and let me tell you that load still went to 14 within just 5 minutes of that script being run.

Being monitored 24/7 and actually being able to disable the script are 2 different things. When you have a fleet of 60 servers+ you get an alert on load, SSH in, see the offending process, kill it, and make sure it doesn't run again.

This happened recently on a Woodcrest server, and let me tell you that load still went to 14 within just 5 minutes of that script being run.
    I agree with what you are saying, but what I mean by "ONLY 50GB of Monthly Bandwidth Transfer can take up 2 full Dual Xeon 3GHz servers?" is in a normal environment not in unique cases like this one, I hope you got my point