Moneybooker, Why its not widly used?

I'm wondering why the moneybookers service is not widly used in payments? its seems great to me as it supports all countries not like paypal ... also it is based on email and one account per credit card, also you need to confirm payment just like paypal!
    The Dream is the blueprint of success, the hope is the budget and hard working is the achievement

you can not accept credit card payment through moneybookers,it is that paypal does.However i also prefer moneybookers to save all the trouble that paypal bring to me
    VN-SG Hosting | Shared Hosting | Reseller at very affordable price |
    http://vn-sg.com

Although you can accept credit card using moneybookers merchant account as stated in their site:
    Instant credit/debit card processing
    Your customers can pay you immediately via credit/debit card, even if they are not yet registered with Moneybookers. All they need is to have their mobile phone ready to allow us an instant transaction authorisation during the payment process.
    I'm not saying about using it as a primary payment method ... just an alternative method.
    what do you think?
    The Dream is the blueprint of success, the hope is the budget and hard working is the achievement

i guess because is a company based in EU not US,it is used by EU users than US users.
    VN-SG Hosting | Shared Hosting | Reseller at very affordable price |
    http://vn-sg.com

Quote Originally Posted by vnsg
    i guess because is a company based in EU not US,it is used by EU users than US users.
    EU users don't trust sort of small 3rd party merchants, difficult way to process cc & dc (compare to PayPal), most of the customers put off.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

You can read some more about Moneybookers here eirepreneur.blogs.com/eirepreneur/2004/01/moneybookerscom.html

well i use moneybookers for alot of deals its an underdog i suppose no one really cares about it since its not ran or owned by a big known company like ebay owns paypal...

one of the biggest reason is this that they need every payer to be a registered memebr

Quote Originally Posted by hitmeback
    one of the biggest reason is this that they need every payer to be a registered memebr
    Quote Originally Posted by moneybookers
    Instant credit/debit card processing
    Your customers can pay you immediately via credit/debit card, even if they are not yet registered with Moneybookers. All they need is to have their mobile phone ready to allow us an instant transaction authorisation during the payment process.

/nonquote,,

Seems that the reason is people don't really know how it works

Moneybookers is a nice alternative to Paypal for us folks hailing from countries considered by PayPal to be wrong ones.

We had used Moneybookers long time ago. You can accept credit card payments by using it. But their commission is too high(8%). Also most customers don't know how to make payment via Moneybookers. Because Moneybookers ask verification code which they will send to customer's mobile phone for payment made. And most times this code could not arrive. So Moneybookers is a useless service. But no charge back risk (they give 100% guarantee). And you can withdraw your all money easily and anytime.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Quote Originally Posted by taylorwilsdon
    /nonquote,,
    i was talking in respect of person to person transfer ....

Quote Originally Posted by hitmeback
    i was talking in respect of person to person transfer ....
    This is not a reason. All other money transfer services require it, too.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Last time I used MoneyBookers to pay someone for an image, I had my credit card deactivated by RBC VISA Security. Apparently, RBC VISA Security (Royal Bank of Canada) considers MoneyBookers to be an illegal gambling website.

I had to call and explain the situation to get my card reactivated, so it was quite a PITA. I then tried my TD Visa and it worked fine, but it's the last time I will ever use MoneyBookers.
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

PayPal is a lot better, more people use it, and I just like the interface better.

I think moneybooker is not widely use in USA, only EU people will choose to use. PAYPAL is widely use in US though.

paypal has far stronger backend (ebay). why r u comparing paypal with moneybooker ?

Because they are similar services and PayPal wasn't always owned by EBay.