Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy My letter to Clean & Clear

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Hello,

I've been using a combination of your products for about a year now, and they have worked great. I only have couple of concerns related to use:

1) When I started using the product, I only had to use it for 45 seconds, and i was fine. But, as use continued, I found that if i used it for any less than 45 seconds, that acne would return. Additionally, if I accidentally used it for more than 45 seconds, that that would be the new requirement for acne to not come back the next day. As I used it, I continually accidentally used it for too long, thus raising my minimum usage requirement. Now, at this time I must use the product for a minimum of 2 minutes or else acne will return the very next day. I'm concerned that one day I will be required to use it for a minimum of 10 minutes in order for acne to not return. Can you tell me why this happens?

2) Sometimes my left eye goes numb when I step out of the shower. I know I haven't gotten any of the soap in my eye, and I believe that Maybe the affect the cleanser has on my face is possibly affecting my eyes. Additionally, sometimes this pain returns later in the night, and I'm just a little concerned I might be going blind. I have also noticed that sometimes my vision goes blurry during regular days.

I love your products, and I hope this email doesn't cause you to pull them from the market. If i stop using these products, my acne will surely return, and I certainly don't want that. It's just that, I'm a little worried your product may be destroying my body.

Thank you very much.

Mike Bailey

Product: Continuous Control Acne Cleanser

I sure hope they can help me

I'm sure they will rush a doctor right over... via UPS... to check on your eye.

Maybe you should try another product... I wonder if your body is building a tolerance to the product.

Considering the lawsuit era we are in, I doubt if you will actually get a reply you could use....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

If acne is a big problem for you I would of thought going to a doctor to get something a bit stronger than an off the shelf product would help you out. If you think a product is starting to have a negative efftect on you I would suggest you stop using it anyway and speak to a doctor for further advice.
    Steve

ProActive seems to be popular. I would check with your doctor because of the reaction you are having. Def. discontinue use of the product. No since in causing any more damage

Jerett

Maybe you should try another product... I wonder if your body is building a tolerance to the product.
    This product has a distinct advantage. It contains 10% benzoyl peroxide. Most products only contain 2%, or have salylic acid as their active ingredient. If I can find a product with 10% benzoyl peroxide, I will use it.

I have used many many many products, and this is the only one that has worked.

If acne is a big problem for you I would of thought going to a doctor
    Can't, no health care.

ProActive seems to be popular. I would check with your doctor because of the reaction you are having. Def. discontinue use of the product. No since in causing any more damage
    Used it. This product is less expensive, and more effective. I believe proactiv only contains 2% benzoyl peroxide.

Is there no way to see a doctor for free in America? Seems a bit crazy if you can't.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex-Steve
    Is there no way to see a doctor for free in America? Seems a bit crazy if you can't.
    I can if I pay a few hundred dollars, but even if I was on government health care, I don't think they would permit going there for acne help.

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r
    I can if I pay a few hundred dollars, but even if I was on government health care, I don't think they would permit going there for acne help.
    Sucks. I know here (UK), I got to see a doctor and he prescribed me with pills & creme for acne a few years ago (all for free). Gotta love the NHS, apart from crappy waiting times. Look 8 months for me to see a Neurologist the other day, and got diagnosed with chronic migraines.
    It's Scott!

healthcare of any sort is not free, you pay for NHS with you taxes, very high taxes

You will always be paying at one point or another. Taxes, and WAITING gotta love it.

Out here no healthcare I can go see a doc for $30 rural america rocks With 24 hours notice for non emergency.

Also ub3r, the ACTIVE ingredient is this:
    10% benzoyl peroxide

If you feel you have an issue with vision etc, this is the issue findng another product with this will not help, it will be the same thing. Your body has built an immunity to THIS, nothing else.
    Last edited by (Stephen); 09-09-2006 at 10:46 AM.

\If I can find a product with 10% benzoyl peroxide, I will use it.
    10% has not been shown to be more effective than 2.5% in studies.

Of course, everyone's skin is different. Some people only need water to keep their skin clear, where other people need strong medicine. Damn genetics!

If you have not already, visit: www.acne.org

One of my pet peeves is not taking the time to read over a formal letter filled with bad grammar and lowercase I's before it is sent to a professional entity. (This isn't an invitation to English as a second language discussion.)

Any regardless, good luck with the acne problems too--I wouldn't attribute the eye problems to the acne medication. I would get your eyes checked, personally.
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Your best bet is to go to a dermatologist and have them check you out. They will probably end up prescribing a few different topical treatments as well as a low dose antibiotic.

ProActive was one of the few items that did work when I was younger, tried it when it first started coming out many years ago... worked great.... did the DR and Dermo stuff, and only was miserable with some of the meds they gave and thus most didn't do a damn thing.

Jesus wept, and America sees itself as a role model for society, Thank god for the NHS...

What happens if you get ill? what happens if you need to have an operation or something?

What happens if you get ill? what happens if you need to have an operation or something?
    When I get sick, I usually just wait it out, and take regular cold medication. If I need surgery, I incur a really serious debt.

Quote Originally Posted by camers
    Gotta love the NHS, apart from crappy waiting times. Look 8 months for me to see a Neurologist the other day, and got diagnosed with chronic migraines.
    Took me "never" to see a neurologist. Why? I don't have a spare $7000 for the tests they want to run and I can't get insurance because I have a pre-existing condition. I would be grateful if I could wait 8 months to see a doctor.

It sucks that there is no national health care in the US.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by phill2003

If you get sick enough that you might die, you can drag yourself into the emergency room and they can't refuse you. They can, however, bill you $1000s afterward and send you to collections and make your life hell forever and ever.

My ex-husband actually ended up in the intensive care unit, in critical condition, because he had no insurance and put off going to the doctor for an infected tooth. He got so bad with infection that his neck ballooned up (it was freaky-gross looking) until he couldn't breathe. They didn't think he was going to last the night.

For those who think national health care is too expensive...our state "ate" his $40,000 hospital bill because they wouldn't fork out $100 for a doctor call and antibiotics. Where's the logic there?!?

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

two things can help

http://www.clearasil.us/what_daily_a...rol_vatc.shtml 10%

and from this page:

http://alphahydrox.com/storea.htm

FOAMING FACE WASH (every time you shower)
    TONER/ASTRINGENT (all the time)
    and the OIL FREE FORMULA

yse, that stuff is great for balancing out your skin.

I use all these products with good results. Good luck.

Mike, you are alerting them to your awareness that their product might be hurting your body. If you continue using it and then later lose your vision or have another serious side-effect, they may use this letter against you should you decide to sue.

So you Americans can't just make an appointment at a doctor's surgery and get in the same day or next day unless you have health care?

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    So you Americans can't just make an appointment at a doctor's surgery and get in the same day or next day unless you have health care?
    Surgery is rarely every immediate unless it's absolutely life threatening, usually there's a waiting list.

When I get sick, I usually just wait it out, and take regular cold medication. If I need surgery, I incur a really serious debt.
    what happens if you for example break a leg saying playing sport, which then needs an operation?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    Surgery is rarely every immediate unless it's absolutely life threatening, usually there's a waiting list.
    I wasn't referring to surgery.......just a visit to the doc when you are ill, or thought you might be going blind from acne treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse

You can if you can afford the ridiculous fees they charge. My doctor charges $90 for an office call, just to see you. If you need any tests or medicine, you can plan on paying at least another $100. You have to have money that day too. No "put it on my bill" plan.

--Tina

Quote Originally Posted by Slidey
    what happens if you for example break a leg saying playing sport, which then needs an operation?

If you have an emergency situation, where you are seriously needing medical attention, the emergency room at the hospital cannot refuse to treat you for lack of payment. However, that's a double edged sword...because a typical hospital visit, just to see you (no meds, tests, leg casts, stitches, etc.), is $500 base fee. My daughter went to the hospital last year when she stepped on a nail...the x-rays, emergency room fee, doctor fee, x-ray technician fee, antiseptic, tetnus shot, antibiotic shot, etc....the fee was $1200.

The sad part is, many Americans start out with simple illnesses that could very easily be treated at a doctors office for less than $200. However, they wait until they are seriously ill and then go to the emergency room because they can't be refused (or they are hoping to get better).

Its a disgrace to our nation.

--Tina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast