Hybrid View

Talking Server4sale+layeredtech review

I had a chance to have a server at layeredtech via there resellers server4sale . Server4sale has very nice athlon 3800+ offering at a reasonable rate . I paid money with paypal and i got access to server in 2 days . I clearly instructed to not to install cpanel/whm for now ( included in package ) and i will install it later .. but they installed it anyway so after a compliant they did a quick reformat and server was up as i wanted . After 10 days or so i had a issue .. i restarted server and it didnt came up ( i am not sure but i think i messed up something in apf and server was dead ) so i made a support ticket at server4sale and server was back up in 1.5 hours . After that again i had no issues for rest of month . Anyone who require a cheap server for web hosting and all must consider layeredtech+server4sale ( they do have nice reseller packages plus they provide free basic support if you have problems; only prob would be that you first contact them and they contact data center about problem ) . Their support staff replied well within 15 min to my support tickets .. Now i have moved to ezzi.net as it gives me good latency from my country ( hosting a voip server for a center and ezzi is closer to few voip providers ) . So here ends my good experience with server4sale .. i will post a review on ezzi after a month or two .

Server4sale support - 10/10
    Layeredtech network 10/10
    Last edited by test1231; 09-08-2006 at 03:02 PM.

wat's ur main domain if i may ask? (just to confirm this review)

Quote Originally Posted by uvhost
    wat's ur main domain if i may ask? (just to confirm this review)
    I don't think LT needs to fake reviews, they have enough coverage here.

Quote Originally Posted by rob5
    I don't think LT needs to fake reviews, they have enough coverage here.
    Right, i didn't meant that, i was just trying to confirm their review on the reseller.

its virgosolutions.net ( registered just 2 month ago )

What operating system did you choose?

we have more then 2 server with LT.

I would say, they are way better then theplanet..
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

it was centos 4.3 32bit server with 80 gb hd 2 gb ram and athlon 3800+ for $109 plus a dedicated 100 mbps port for $10 extra i took . Total bandwith was 1500 GB or something .. LT hardly has any abd reviews here anyway

More then 1yr with LT 9/10.
    Hardware: AMD 2xOPT 246/3072MB/73GB SCSI

Wael

Is it worth gitting the SCSI harddrive? or what is the benefit of a SCSI drive?

if your application is very much i/o intensive ( like has to get data from storage or save very quickly and lot of times) then its worth .. Good quality sata hard-drives are enough for most though

thanks test

LT usually has bad reviews because the person making the complaint did something wrong (late payment, spam, no backups, didn't realize they are 100% self managed...) It's easy to complain to pressure a company, but LT monitors WHT as much as their own forums and won't take crap from someone in the wrong.