Problems with hostgator and theplanet?

Hi,

I'm a webmaster for a small "hobby" site and need to move from my current host; I've selected Hostgator as the top shared option due to their great reviews (mainly of good customer service), decent prices and adequate account options.

The one thing I'm worried about, however, is the fact that they use theplanet's data centers and I've heard about some problems with blacklisting. I've seen some folks post problems they've had with users not being able to reach their site or send e-mail, and this is a concern. I'm asking my users to run some tests for me...in the meantime, I'd like to hear what folks here have to say.

Thanks in advance!
    Richmond, VA
    Coastals

Theres nothing wrong with theplanets DC in fact I wouldnt want our boxes hosted anywhere else. Their uptime is near perfect. As far as blacklisting ips that would be the responsibility of the hosting company to ensure that their ips are monitored for blacklisting and ensure that they are removed from the given lists.
    Linux VPS Hosting
    Fully Managed VPS, Dedicated And Reseller Solutions.
    Host Unlimited Domains

the planet is a great place to have your servers so host gator would be a great solution for you if your looking to move. I would contact them personally with any questions you have - they migth be willing to help with the move.

Quote Originally Posted by onthespot
    Their uptime is near perfect. As far as blacklisting ips that would be the responsibility of the hosting company to ensure that their ips are monitored for blacklisting and ensure that they are removed from the given lists.
    Thanks for the recommendations for hostgator, and this is why I'm worried - it's hostgator's responsibility to maintain their status off the blacklists. This post http://webhostingtalk.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=13 is just one instance I've heard of several from different sources.
    Richmond, VA
    Coastals

About ThePlanet DC's i have just one thisng to say... 5 Stars... Talking about HostGater and analising at all the reviews i have seen till now, i do beleive that one support ticket will withelist the domain names or IP's that are blocked.