Clientexec or Modernbill, Which is better?

Hello I am the owner of Picanahost.com,
    I am currently using clientexec and it is forfilling my needs, But i also want to see how modernbill works. It is also a multi-platform aswell as clientexec so they can setup a storefront to show your services (Hosting, Ventrilo, Teamspeak, Shoutcast).

Anyone have modernbill? Tell me something about it, My freind might be intrested in using it for his company. Aswell as the price for unlimited users!

I'd say go with WHMCS (http://whmcs.com). I don't have it yet, but I've been researching all kinds of billing systems for months and WHMCS looks like the right one for me. ModernBill has a lot, but I've heard some complaints and you have a limit on the amount of clients you can have.

My vote goes to ClientExec, it has features which are to the point and the plugins are highly customizable. Modernbill is needlessly complicated.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

WHMcs is not multi-platform is it?

I would go with ModernBill.

Client Exec is a very good program but still doesn't have the features modernbill provides.

WHMCS is an excellent program as well but it's license has to validate itself off their servers. That means if the WHMCS servers go down then guess what, so does your entire billing manager.

ModernBill is a great billing system, as it offers many features not found in ClientExec, WHMAP, etc.

For a full list of modules that ModernBill v5 supports, visit http://www.modernbill.com/billing-software/modules.php
    Stephen Preissler
    Modern Advisors - A Certified Plesk Billing Reseller

We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization

MB is the way to go. Clientexec is a good program, but MB just has more features and I think gives you more control of your billing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Web Hosting 101
    I would go with ModernBill.

Client Exec is a very good program but still doesn't have the features modernbill provides.

WHMCS is an excellent program as well but it's license has to validate itself off their servers. That means if the WHMCS servers go down then guess what, so does your entire billing manager.
    With most licensing systems, the software will call back to the developers licensing servers. If their licensing system has been setup correctly, if one server goes down, the script would call for another server. This works similar to PHP Audit's WeightShift module.
    Stephen Preissler

We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization

I would also like to put in a vote for ModernBill, we have been using their software for a year now and it has been steady for us. It does have its share of bugs but so does every software. I am pretty sure Modernbill will have all the features and support you would want in a billing system.
    SwiftModders - Premium WHMCS Themes, Blesta Themes, and WordPress Development
    View my top-rated WHMCS Themes trusted by over 1,000 businesses!
    █ Now offering Blesta Themes to transform your Blesta client area!

We have used both ClientExec and are currently using ModernBill. ModernBill is much more automated and has many features ClientExec lacks. ClientExec on the other hand has a more simpler and user-friendly interface while ModernBill can get very complicated to setup. ClientExec has a lot of potential and is getting better every update.

Anywho, my vote is for ModernBill.

I enjoy working with Client Exec, But WHMCS is also good like i heard just now but i never knew that your billing system would go down if there servers go down. Thats going to be a bad company all their customers will be really angry. Also ClientExec has module plugins just like modernbill. You can add features to make it as good as MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Web Hosting 101
    This statement by Web Hosting 101 is completely untrue. We have a local license key backup system exactly to prevent this from happening. You have obviously never used WHMCS or you would know this, so why post it?

Matt
    WHMCompleteSolution
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    www.whmcs.com

WHMCS gets my vote.
    Sean

I think it depends on exactly what you need it for and how your business is ran as clearly Modernbill is the more premium option whereas clientexec is cheaper and although i haven't use it before, should have roughly the same features.

If Clientexec is working fine right now then i see no reason to change, only if you were having problems with it then you might want to consider other options.

I would also just like to add that I have tried Modernbill v5 and although it seems like it could be great in the near future, it's just too buggy and feels rushed right now. I know a couple of people who have been disappointed to have to wait a year just to recieve a update which they cannot use yet as it would effect their business.
    SupportPal - Smart self-hosted help desk software
    Supporting multiple channels, including Twitter and Facebook. WHMCS integration available.
    LicensePal - Discounted popular web hosting software licenses
    cPanel, InterWorx, SolusVM, CloudLinux, Blesta, Softaculous, Installatron, and much more!

I have used Client Exec, Modernbill and WHMAP. Currently using MB.

MB is the most feature rich and I find the ease of use CE has to be a real draw.

Client Exec is going to have the main feature that I use MB for now (fully automated invoicing and suspension)
    They hope to have it done in a few months. With all the BS MB is putting everyone through right now it's making me wonder if I should go back to CE but then again they're promising big things for 5.1 so we'll see if it's worth the wait.

Good luck with your decision!

What about Ubersmith ?

Any feedback about them? Same seem to be a total integrated billing plus support system.
    Ajay D'Souza

WebberZone

Go with modernbill if you want a comprehensive, and generally easy to use piece of software.

ClientExec over ModernBill, without a second of hesitation.
    Corey Northcutt | Electric Goat Media
    Currently building this nifty small business ROI calculator.

Hello,

Both are good billing softwares. But better one is Modernbill for stability and reliability. Also performance wise the Modernbill is better since it can integrate with the control panel of your server.

Thank you.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by hostechsupport
    But better one is Modernbill for stability and reliability.
    The above is accurate when referencing ModernBill v4.4. V5 is not very stable, in my opinion. V5.1 will be out soon, which will be a lot more stable then v5.05.
    Stephen Preissler

Personal preferance.... I am sticking with modernbill here... just 'feels' better to use, if that is any help
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

Well according to me Clientexec is much better