Thread: BTN and/or GBLX

BTN and/or GBLX

Hello,

I'm looking a provider that have good bw to Asia. I think that BTN or GBLX good be the best one here. Do you know any other backbone have low latency and short hoops to Asia ? Internap ?

so I'm looking some provider have BTN and/or GBLX in the mix and located at West Coast or at least in middle, any suggestion ?

BTN/PCCW gets my vote,

PCCW Limited (PCCW, or the Company) is the largest and most comprehensive provider of communications services in Hong Kong and one of Asia's leading players in Information and Communications Technologies (ICT).

http://www.pccw.com/eng/AboutUs/CompanyProfile.html
    Last edited by music; 09-07-2006 at 09:36 PM.

BTN will get you the best bang for the buck.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

so Do you guy know any provider have BTN or GBLX in the mix on West or Middle coast ?

Gblx to Asia is very good latency, 230ms to Beijing and even lower to Shanghai. Just a sample of what you might see.

Datapipe.com uses BTN and are located in California.
    George Donnelly / Systems Administrator
    High Speed Rails inc. / FOSS Hosting
    http://highspeedrails.com
    "Linux is Luke. FreeBSD is Yoda."

Cogent is good to Shanghai too, less than 200ms.

so Do you guy know any provider have BTN or GBLX in the mix on West or Middle coast ?
    layer42.net

Try getting in touch with Reach. They were digging for business in florida 2 years ago and willing to cut some great deals. They own (The rights to) a lot of the undersea cable to Asia and Australia.
    Rock solid hosting and dedicated servers since 1998!
    StabilityHosting Where stability and uptime are king!

Thanks all,

Datapipe.com and layer42.net seem not main focus on dedicated hosting, I can't find the price chart on those websites, and not much choices. I think I need to contact them for a quote.

Acttually I'm with Softlayer and very happy with them, they help with network, try force each route to see which one best, but almost seem still a little high latency and more hoops (~ 280 - 320 ms) compare to GBLX (http://ipstats.globalcrossing.net) ~ 250

If you know any other providers that focus on dedicated solution have BTN and/or GBLX especial on West Middle cost, pls let know. I also can colo 1 or 2U but It need to be @ Seattle WA

Hope that get some more suggestion. I was looking on this couple months ago without much option

Yes, BTN would be the best as far as I'm concerned. Verio should be in your consideration but most of Asian traffic through Verio to US are routed through Japan.

i have server at ezzi.net and it has a latency f 210-230 ms from here in india .. I am not sure which backbone they uses but i think they are peering with internap ( check their site ). I have searched alot and found that ezzi.net and superbservers are two that give best latency to india ( also many other east coast provider ) .. Also my results are based on a crappy 256kbps connection so i think it would be much better from china and all which has faster connections mostly ..