Ethr.net - What's their history?

Since ServerCentral's space in San Jose is 100% full we're looking for other west coast options. We've tested CalPop, CalHost, and Peer1 (LA) - None of those three have matched our needs. We run latency sensitive apps and therfore the network needs to be close to flawless.

I see two decent options:

Ethr.net and Svcolo.com

Seeing as I've been a frequent reader of these forums for nearly 2 years, I searched first. Didn't come up with much of anything thats recent. Hopefully some of you have first hand experience with one of these two.

I'll take any options into consideration at this point.

Thanks,
    Jon

I consider you give vivid-hosting a call. They have a very high quality network in LA and have great prices. They are great people to deal with. Talk with Kiet he can easily find space for yours needs. Tell him Jordan sent you.

Vivid-hosting.net
    Last edited by johringer; 09-07-2006 at 10:44 PM.

Another suggestion

If they don't work out, another great provider in LA comes to mind. WebNX. He is also active on these boards and I'm sure either one can fit your needs.

Jordan

you said west coast, how about seattle? see forona.com

an excellent option for the west coast is datapipe.com, but they are a bit expensive.
    George Donnelly / Systems Administrator
    High Speed Rails inc. / FOSS Hosting
    http://highspeedrails.com
    "Linux is Luke. FreeBSD is Yoda."

Jon,

Is there someone you specifically wanted to connect to at Equinix SJC? The location had been full for awhile, and almost all the space that becomes available in that building is now used for Network Interconnects.

I have a few servers at multacom.com which is located in California and has a good network setup. I suggest them to alot of people looking for west coast servers and suggest you just drop them an email and get some information about the company. If you have any questions about my servers with them feel free to pm me and Ill give you the ip or a testfile.

I'd give a thumbs up to Jay / Ethr.net

They are very well respected on the boards, and I've never had a bad experience with them.

multacom provide real online support. pm,chat , live support .. aslo phone support in emregency situation.

I've been with ethr.net for a few years now and have been really happy there - very solid network, highly recommended.
    Scott Benson, Owner
    SB Hosting Solutions LLC
    http://www.sbhostingsolutions.com

Two thumbs up for Ethr.net!

Great Company

Ethr.net is a very reputable and have been around for a number of years now. We have had the opportunity to work them and have never had any problems. Very much accomodating.........

Thanks,
    [email protected]
    480-335-3200
    http://www.highwinds.com

I colo 2 servers with them and have been very happy.

I've talked with Jay a number of times from our days back in San Jose and everything I've ever seen or heard suggests that he runs a top-notch outfit. I've sent a couple of clients looking for service in the bay area his direction after we moved out to Las Vegas and have heard no complaints.

I've also had a number of dealings with Dan @ WebNX in LA - he is a great guy and I'd recommend him to anyone. I've not used his network, but I understand he runs a good shop in an adjacent building to One Wilshire.
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - SAS70 Type-II Colocation in Las Vegas and Seattle