Templates...they do well?

I have been viewing some templates on sale/auction on this forum for a couple of weeks now. My question is that, do decent templates actually get sold or are there some designers with a surplus of templates that they cannot sell. I know it depends on the quality of the templates. I am asking this because, I may want to start designing and selling templates while also working on my hosting site, so I have some income coming in. Some examples of my wok so far is http://360host.com/test and http://360host.com/sts/site/main.htm

So my proper question. Would I beable to sell these kind of templates and if so how readily?

Thank You

I think you have talent, I really like your examples. I think that if you create templates that reflect those examples they would sell very well.

Very nice work

You can probably sell those sort of templates for $75 here. Don't get me wrong, your work is excellent, but the truth is, people here are cheap. Even if the design is well woth over $200 in the real "web design world" it may only be worth $75 here.
    Just don't except every design you dish out to get sold immediately; it takes time. And it never hurts to try and see what happens, you might be lucky and get high buyer.

Hi. Thanks for the compliments. But do you know anyway I can get more value for the templates I sell?

Also, what do people here buy templates for? Just to use on sites immediately or will they have a couple lying around so that they can make a website quickly and easily whenever the need arises?

Do they sell them on too?

Thanks

Originally posted by zuby84
    Hi. Thanks for the compliments. But do you know anyway I can get more value for the templates I sell?

Also, what do people here buy templates for? Just to use on sites immediately or will they have a couple lying around so that they can make a website quickly and easily whenever the need arises?

Do they sell them on too?

Thanks
    You might get lucky and get a good buyer, but usually selling prices here are very low.

I'm guessing a lot of people here buy templates to keep stock and either resell them or use them in the future. But there are also many who use the template on their own site.

You have some nice looking templates I would sell, although I suggest doing templates cheaply, if its going to be worth your time. Your most likely to get customers if you design cheaply, and then gradually work your way up.

Sell them to ****, he supposedly sold a domain here to us all 'cheapskates' for $180 last night

So is it just luck if you manage to sell one for $200 or are those kind of templates a higher class than mine?

Thanks