Free hosting & ads

On my server I want to start a small free webhosting service which will be supported by a small ad in the top-right corner of each page uploaded to the specific account.

I noticed Geocities, Tripod, but also GoDaddy use some kind of script to insert such content into each and every page a user uploads.
    Can anybody tell me what sort of script(s) they are using and where it can be found?

Many thanks

If you have linux server, mod_layout can be used for that.

I know a script. Its very useful. It opens a new windoe inside of a window.
    Its called FF1+ IE5+
    Random iframe content

Description: This script randomly selects from a group of URLs and displays one of them inside an iframe. Since it's an iframe, the content can be anything and everything. Some ideas for using this script are:
    • Randomly rotate and display HTML banners
    • Display a "random joke" from a large archive without having to download everything
    • Serve up random content consisting of rich HTML
    The script works in IE4+/NS6+, and simply displays nothing in all other browsers.

Simply insert the below code where you wish the content to appear, and configure the URLs inside to your own:

<script language="JavaScript1.2">
    //Random iframe content- &#169; Dynamic Drive (
    //For full source code, and Terms Of use, visit
    //This credit MUST stay intact for use
    var ie=document.all&&navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Opera")==-1
    var dom=document.getElementById&&navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Opera")==-1
    //Specify IFRAME display attributes
    var iframeprops='width=130 height=130 marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" frameborder="1" scrolling="no"'
    //Specify random URLs to display inside iframe
    var randomcontent=new Array()
    //No need to edit after here
    if (ie||dom)
    document.write('<iframe id="dynstuff" src="" '+iframeprops+'></iframe>')
    function random_iframe(){
    if (ie||dom){
    var iframeobj=document.getElementById? document.getElementById("dynstuff") : document.all.dynstuff

He wants a script that inserts it automatically. So yes, mod_layout would be best.

yes mod_layout will work, but will cause problems if you plan on hosting paid or ad free sites just using mod_layout as it will do the ads globally on all sites on that server unless you add exclude directives for each account. iHost v3 in beta Host Automation - iPanel v4 beta With Forced Ads in User Sites, illegal file scanner, and new post 4 hosting feature
    www.domainuptime.comSite monitoring

You may find some ready solutions here: > Webhosting Tools

Minneapolis, MN
    your best bet is to looks on it sounds weird but you can do a lookup on php source codes do webhosting tools if anything I got some in my script collection .. ~ It's not just a job It's a passion
    "Mistakes are proof that you are trying"

google also provides adds , and they actually pay u for ur credits earned . Just make sure there isnt a big surge , because they tend to cancell accounts on too many clicks.