PoweVPS or Servint?

I would like move to VPS, and here in Italy I've hear that Servint offer a great service! Here I'me reading that PowerVPS has goog quality.

Do you know them?

They are unmanaged or managed?

Moved to VPS Forum.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

You won't be disapointed if you choose PowerVps. The servers are fast and the suport are also fast with accurate answers.

Signed up with them in april or may I think. Haven't had any downtime besides they moved my accout to another node.

I fully recomend powervps.

I've read some good and some bad things about PowerVPS. I say just read the reviews by using the search function and finding them.

Servint has spectacular support and the pricing is good for what you get, but be prepared for occasional network outages.
    George Donnelly / Systems Administrator
    High Speed Rails inc. / FOSS Hosting
    http://highspeedrails.com
    "Linux is Luke. FreeBSD is Yoda."

servint a good choice for you
    you can try powervps too...

For some reason, I have had long delays in replies to my email to PowerVPS Sales. Is it just me?

Or maybe their support is speedy, but sales are slow?

Quote Originally Posted by Webberzone
    For some reason, I have had long delays in replies to my email to PowerVPS Sales. Is it just me?

Or maybe their support is speedy, but sales are slow?

Our sales replies are slow, sorry, all our new headcount is on the support, ops, and engineering side of the business still. The sales tickets are only handled by a few folks in the company.

Well, that is good indeed TomK.

I will buy once, but what I would really need would be the support

Still working out a lot of details before I purchase.

What is DefenderHosting.Com

Well, that is good indeed TomK.

I will buy once, but what I would really need would be the support

Still working out a lot of details before I purchase.

What is DefenderHosting.Com
    That is the compnay that owns PowerVPS and all orders are managed throguh there servers

what will be different about DefenderHosting.Com on the VPS side of things?

is it just the addition of managed servers?

because I'm interested in a Equinix Chicago server, a vps if available, that would be neat, chicago is closest to my geographical location

havent used the other company, but i have been extremely pleased with servint for well over a year! servint gets my vote.

amazingly fast support!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Stephens
    havent used the other company, but i have been extremely pleased with servint for well over a year! servint gets my vote.

amazingly fast support!
    Are you still hosted with servint?

yes indeed

yes indeed
    That is good to know. I have written to their sales with a few questions I have.

Still working out a lot of details before I take a plan!

The troubles of finding a host!!! :O

That is good to know. I have written to their sales with a few questions I have.

Still working out a lot of details before I take a plan!

The troubles of finding a host!!! :O
    Hey! Your final choices are exactly like mine. Please post or PM me to share your decision if you like.

I've been pretty happy with Servint too. Had great uptime. But any product will have some rough spots on occasion (a drive died a year ago). Good support board. They work hard at getting things to work as well as they can. I've been there for almost two years and don't plan on going anywhere else.

I currently have a two VPSs with ServInt. Have had one VPS in the past with PowerVPS. Both offer great service. I don't think you'll regret going with either company. Do a traceroute to PowerVPS and ServInt to see which is "closer".

Do a traceroute to PowerVPS and ServInt to see which is "closer".
    Both are in or around the Washington, DC area so the latency shouldn't be too different assuming there is no 'bad' (geographically) route involved.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

why do people always say for the host to do a tracert? isnt it more important for the CUSTOMER to get a good tracert instead?
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

why do people always say for the host to do a tracert? isnt it more important for the CUSTOMER to get a good tracert instead?
    Thanks for pointing out that Lauren. I focus on aquiring customers relatively near me in the same city -in which case, a tracert is about the same for me and my customers.

But also, as layer0 pointed out I also forgot that PowerVPS and ServInt are "close" so it probably wouldn't matter.

Remember- it was a Monday yesterday I'm more awake now.

I've been with PowerVPS for over a year now I believe (don't feel like checking the exact date I signed up) and haven't had any bad things happen. Only once the node my VPS was on went down and stayed down for several hours due to some network or hardware problems? Once the problems were resolved and the VPS's were back online they offered a refund on the entire month!!! I've also had several smaller problems that I needed support to help out with and everything was taken care of in a timely manner. Support was always very helpful and even took the next step to help me out - sometimes taking extra time to explain things that were probably very trivial to server admins that I did not know about.

I'm a super happy customer of PowerVPS - they get a high recommendation from me. Example sites of mine hosted at PowerVPS are in my sig.

Hi Tomk,
    I'm with another VPS now, i wish to switch to PowerVPS or servINT. I have 1 question (I'm pretty new): how do I migrate all my client to the new VPS and so that they do not need to change their DNS with their domain provider?

Thumbs up

Servint support rocks. In my experience, they've consistently gone beyond the call of duty, and done so in an absolutely professional manner.

And who can dislike a host that answers the phone by the third ring, every time?

(mods: Dezyne.net and others hosted on Servint since July).