I need a good webhost

im looking for some webspace to run a forum, but the host must have attack protection.
    any ideas? e-mails welcome

Take a look in the offers section of the forum.. there are a few good offers there...
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

If you're serious about 'attack' prevention do a search on here for ddos protection, gigeservers and Staminus will stick out.
    Blackcurrant Hosting - Ruby on Rails (Mongrel) Hosting. Watch us fly by standard rails hosting!

im not looking for servers, i want webhosting with protection, at the moment my current host just null routes the ip when it gets attacked and thats not acceptable.
    and im not after the cheapest host i want a good one

Look for a provider that resells services from staminus or gigeservers, they definitely do exist.
    Blackcurrant Hosting - Ruby on Rails (Mongrel) Hosting. Watch us fly by standard rails hosting!

i didnt notice any attack protection with them, and it is a must

With no personal experience I found BlackLotus.net who resell Staminus.

search this forum for "Attack protection" or sumthing of the sort

| | | |**The Top Web Hosts**

Cheap Hosts Quality Hosts Coupons Save $$$

I dont think any host offers attack protection.
    EHOSTONE INC
    Ultimate Hosting Solution!
    http://reseller.ehostone.net

It is not so much if a host offers attack protection because most host's don't, but the key question would be..... how does the host handle the situation when being attacted.

Someone tried DOS attacking our server cluster 2 months ago and because of the technology we have in place they could not even touch us.

Actually, there are some great companies that resell services from dedicated server companies that do offer DDoS protection. Your best bet is to find a shared hosting company that uses such a company's hardware and network. Since these services are costly and because the nature of those services can still allow DDoS attacks to tax a datacenter's network, protection is often limited, meaning protection may only be offered for a number of hours per month. The only reason such protection offers any value is because it gives resellers time to decide what to do with you while under DDoS protection services. Honestly, it will be tough to find a host that boasts to offer some sort of guaranteed DDoS protection service. The best place I would start though is with a company like The Planet. They offer DDoS protection for their network. Since they only offer dedicated solutions, visit their forums and find a good shared hosting provider that uses them. Good luck to you.

What do you exactly mean by "attack protection?" Are you looking for a host with good security?
    ||||
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com
    ||||

current host null routed due to "over 2700 established connections at one time"

What kind of site you are hosting? Protection in term of what? email? database?
    best regards,
    loon
    Webhostforasp.net Support Team
    http://www.webhostforasp.net

im hosting a forum.
    not the most popular one at that real traffic should be about 1-2 gb a month

what kind of forum do you run? that's another critical thing some people dont host anime or hackers forums etc.
    WebHostingOpinions.com - Based entirely on web hosting user reviews
    Be heard and submit your review review here.

just a discussion/help forum, nothing to do with hackers or other dodgy stuff

well i have tried a host that provides ddos protection........
    i didnt have time to get the site online before the server became unresponsive...
    the only other people i have found want to charge me $1000 per month which is out of budget.