Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    Does H-Sphere allow the multi account holder to host under one account? If so, thats great. Is there a place to demo the H-Sphere platform? I would be intrested in implementing that for HostFrog.
    Yes - H-Sphere can host multiple domains under 1 end-user account. You can take a look at the online demo at www.psoft.net.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Rudeness is not necessary (nor to play to be an smart***), and if I ask "TO YOU" is because is obvious that I disagree (once again) with "YOUR DEFINITION" of multiple domain hosting.
    Jedito, I wasnt being rude -

this isnt my definition - please test out a true multiple domain solution for yourself before commenting further

I'll let it go, there's no point of waste time in this discussion with you.
    If you are going to accuse someone of being rude - then may I suggest you act in a manner which is consistent with the perception you are trying to portray.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    cPanel's addon domains are a perfect example of "untrue" multiple domain hosting. (Note: I never said "untrue" anywhere in my original comment).
    Still can't tell me the difference.

If you say that something is true, then the opposed is "untrue", right?.
    If something is not true, then is "untrue"
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Unless you used a host with multi-domain hosting (as I have), or offered it yourself, you would probably need it explained in full. I have had multi-domain hosting and now I have a reseller account with add on domains. On MD I had a separate login for all my domains, with AO, I use the same login.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    How do you define what's "true" multiple domain hosting, and what's "untrue" (??) multiple domain hosting?
    I was wondering that myself.

We all have a slightly different definition of what constitutes multiple domain hosting. There is no one definition for all. WHM/Cpanel works well, and so does h-sphere.

I think the great thing about the way WHM/Cpanel does multiple domain accounts, is that Fred (not a reseller) can setup an account for his mate Dave, and Dave gets a control panel with that account. Fred can control aspects of Dave's account, and Dave can control aspects from his own control panel.

Take this from someone who has setup thousands of such multiple domain accounts, and hosted tens of thousands of domains. WHM/Cpanel does a great job of multiple domain hosting, and I'm sure other control panels do too. It's all good, and it's all about finding what works for you, and finding your own place in the sun. It's all good.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    cPanel's addon domains are a perfect example of "untrue" multiple domain hosting.
    Oh I agree. Cpanel's addon domains are yuk. Nothing worse than someone wanting us to convert their 16 addon domains into a real multiple domain account. That's just yuk, yuk, yuk.

Bob's word of the day is "yuk"
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Bob, wouldn't your explanation of MD be the exact same thing as using WHM, but without giving Fred most of the features handed to a reseller via WHM?

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    Unless you used a host with multi-domain hosting (as I have), or offered it yourself, you would probably need it explained in full. I have had multi-domain hosting and now I have a reseller account with add on domains. On MD I had a separate login for all my domains, with AO, I use the same login.
    I don't quite agree with that

What you define as MD to me is more like a reseller account (even if you don't resell)
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

What you define as MD to me is more like a reseller account (even if you don't resell)
    wow - Jedito - a single login does not refer to something like WHM -

this scenario from Bob below would be closer to a reseller account - except presumably with "free" accounts -

I think the great thing about the way WHM/Cpanel does multiple domain accounts, is that Fred (not a reseller) can setup an account for his mate Dave, and Dave gets a control panel with that account. Fred can control aspects of Dave's account, and Dave can control aspects from his own control panel.
    So, essentially here, you need 2 pieces of software to accomodate a workable solution for multiple domain hosting - but, really, its a modified reseller account.

Lets try this from another angle - customer A manages 20 domains and 30 subdomains. They log into 1 FTP account and the first thing they see when they log in is 50 top level folders - each named as a domain.com or subdomain.com - every file within those folders are web files for the respective domains. customer A then logs into his 1 end user control panel and can edit everything associated with any one of those domains/sub domains - stats, logs, ftp accounts, emails, etc - simply every aspect of every domain is managed from a central location with a single login - this is multiple domain hosting - rather then a modified reseller account to accomodate multiple domain hosting.

Now - if customer A wanted to start giving his/her friends access to their own control panel, etc - well - that moves into the realm of reseller hosting doesnt it (or multiple accounts vs multiple domains)? as they are creating "accounts" for 3rd parties - whether or not they actually sell is irrelavent...

So, lets say customer A manages 10 of their own domains and 2 of their friends need their own control panel for their domains. Well - this would be a reseller account - and if you want to call this "true" multiple domain hosting, that is fine - however, if they wanted to manage every aspect of these domains and did not want to use "add-on" domains - then, by your definition of "true" multiple domain solutions - they would need 12 accounts and 12 logins - with a "true" multiple domain solution - they would create 1 account for all 10 of their domains and then 1 account each for their "friends"/"clients" etc... (so, 3 accounts/logins vs 12)

So, I think to be absolutely accurate - cpanel's "multiple domain" solution is really a multiple account solution - and really, a multiple account solution is a reseller account. Market it however you like - but, a multiple account solution is not a multiple domain solution
    Last edited by cartika-andrew; 09-07-2006 at 06:40 AM.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12