Domain name not working

Hello Guys,

I currently have a wierd problem and don't know how to fix it. I recently changed hosting and changed my nameservers at my domain registrar enom and then created an account like every account I create in whm. But it seems to be not functional, my domain is www.webdevspot.com . I emailed enom and they told me that everything looks right on enom side and its something to do with the server:

The request is making it to the server, however, the server either does not respond, or it does not respond correctly. You'll need to scrutinize the setting of the DNS zone for this domain in the server.
    Can someone point me onto the path of light? Thanks in advance guys!

Best Regards,
    Edward

I don't think your DNS is set up correctly at all:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup...t.com&type=ALL

Quote Originally Posted by tamar
    I don't think your DNS is set up correctly at all:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup...t.com&type=ALL
    Do you mean I didn't set my nameservers correctly? But they should be right, since I've used the same nameservers for alot of my otehr sites.

Thanks for the help!

shows that it is pointing to hippohost, but cant ping the name

i think it is a whm issue. the other day, i transferred one domain/site from one server to another and it wouldnt work. when i went to transfer it back, it wouldnt work on the original server. same exact problem.

the DC said this

Lauren,

This error you were recieving was caused by a cPanel update which should have downloaded the latest version of bind. We have updated your server with the latest version, and bind is functioning again. Please let us know if you experience any other issues. We're standing by. (thanks fastservers)

maybe notify your host/dc?

I actually can ping both one.hippohost.net and two.hippohost.net. But something is definitely not correct with those servers.

yea: do your other sites with those nameservers work?

i believe the problem resides on the one.hippohost.net as when we check in ip-plus and DNS check we don't get any positive response. SOA record itself not found.

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsre...webdevspot.com

http://www.ip-plus.net/tools/dig_dns_set.en.html

Well, you need to check this on one.hippohost.net.
    Live Your DreamZ
    ~Besty

Well the wierd thing is I have around 6 other websites which are all using the nameservers currently and work with no problems. Does that mean it only happens to new transferred domains?

Thanks everyone for the help!

It seems to be the nameserver are updated correctly on the registrar side and ony thing you need to check on your(host) DNS server. Seems to be no SOA record, A recordand etc., You can very well check this by ip-plus URL which i have provided earlier.
    Live Your DreamZ
    ~Besty

I see no A records for that domain...

; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> webdevspot.com
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 8962
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;webdevspot.com. IN A

Quote Originally Posted by besty
    It seems to be the nameserver are updated correctly on the registrar side and ony thing you need to check on your(host) DNS server. Seems to be no SOA record, A recordand etc., You can very well check this by ip-plus URL which i have provided earlier.
    Thanks for the help! I'm a total noob of how whm and dns works, therefore not really sure what SOA record or A recordand is. On the side note, I went into WHM and went to edit mx entry, the data seems exactly the same for my other domain when compared with the domain name differences for each domain record.

I see no A records for that domain...

; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> webdevspot.com
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 8962
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;webdevspot.com. IN A
    Thanks for the help as well! I really appreciate it! How would I go about adding an A record? Thanks !!

Edward

contact the datacenter or your reseller. not sure what kind of relationship you have .