Email pop3 Hosting request

Hi, im not sure if this is possible or not: (not sure how to put it lol)

Im wanting to have my own mail@mydomain.com email. I understand i can get this with many web hosts. However, im not wanting the webhosting.

I have read that i can run my own mail server, but i havnt got the time to do this. Bascialy, i need to a remote server that will host my domain and offer me an many pop3's as possible.

How much would this cost me or are there any free solutions out there?
    Please could i be pointed to any websites which offer this service.

Thanks very much
    Carl Flaherty

You would be just as well off to purchase a web hosting package that comes with a domain and email, and not use the web hosting.

You can simply purchase a package from a web host, and setup your email accounts within the control panel and never have to use the hosting.

With the cheap rates of web hosting today I would receommend this method rather than trying to find an email only host.
    Mike Johnson - thehostinglist.com
    Reviews of the world's top web hosting providers
    Check our reviews at thehostinglist.com before you buy your web hosting package!

i thought about this and i assume this would probably be the best option.
    Thanks for the reply.

how about google mail for your domain?
    Got Fused?

i have gmail... can i use my dmoain with this??

It all depends on how important you consider email to be. If it doesn't really matter that much, than any competent webhost should work. If it's more mission-critical, then perhaps it's worth reflecting on the reason there are email-only providers out there in the first place.

You might want to look at http://ii.best.vwh.net/internet/messaging/imap/isps/ and http://www.emailman.com/hosting/domains.html before taking the plunge, as it were.

edit:wrong URL
    Last edited by Ankheg; 09-06-2006 at 11:58 AM.
    redpin.com - offering amazingly competent email, dns, and web hosting since 2002... because someone has to!
    Because Simple Things Should Be Simple - YouCANHasDNS

Thanks, that was very helpful. However, consider me a 'n00b' in this area lol.
    What i am really looking for is an email host with an easy GFX interface (for simplicity). Something abit like what you find with cpanel, but without the webspace.

Thanks again

many hosters also have email only plans, that target exactly what your looking for...
    www.griffinhosting.com

WHMCS Email Plus+ - Email integration with Sendgrid, Mailgun, Postmark, Amazon, Mandrill, Sparkpost, Sendinblue and others...

Quote Originally Posted by buydemon
    i have gmail... can i use my dmoain with this??
    There is a Google Hosted option that does allow this.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

thanks very much! I will take alook

-edit:

i took a look in gmail, looked in my account setting etc and searched google. I cant find this option. Please could you point me in thr right direction

Thanks very much again
    Last edited by buydemon; 09-06-2006 at 12:34 PM.

cheap-net-hosting has a decent looking email package, their site is old looking, but I haven't heard any complaints about their service.

Quote Originally Posted by buydemon
    thanks very much! I will take alook

-edit:

i took a look in gmail, looked in my account setting etc and searched google. I cant find this option. Please could you point me in thr right direction

Thanks very much again
    I think you're looking for this - it's gmail/calendar/etc for your own domain...

https://www.google.com/a/

Mark

Godaddy offers an E-mail only plan.

Prices vary based on storage space. You allocate space to each mailbox until alotment is used up (i.e., the 2gb plan can have 200 - 10mb boxes or you could have 20 - 100mb boxes)

They offer POP and SMTP access.

Each e-mail account/address is limited to sending 250 messages a day through Godaddy's SMTP servers, unless you pony up extra $$$ for more. (This would be of no consequence if you plan on using your ISP's SMTP server)

I have worked with a couple of businesses that used Godaddy for e-mail only and it seems to work pretty well. However, some features are extra $$$, so read carefully to see what's included and what's not.

Buy cheap hosting and get pop3 mail. Or, go to a seller that sells just email account use for a domain you own. There are many providers that give pop3 mail accounts for cheap.

Chris
    Christopher J Smallwood
    Gay-Owned Web Hosting with 10% Donated to Youth!
    VertuHost Web Hosting Solutions