Question Setting laptop to max performance.

My AMD 64 3000+ 2.2Ghz laptop is running at 353Mhz and I don’t understand why.

After changing the energy usage setting, I have noticed no difference.

The system its running on is a Windows XP professional.

Do you know how to change the setting so that the laptop performs on 2.2Ghz again?
    Just imagine, if the world was like an online community. Where people help each other, just because they can.

Have you tried going into the BIOS and selecting the "Optimize for maximum performance" option?

Moved to Computers and Peripherals.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Is/was it on batteries? Try to give it power, then turn off for a minute, and turn it back on. Some laptops don't properly clock their speeds back up when they get A/C power back.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

I have checked the bios and it does not have a power or proformance option

It is run 90% of the time of net power and rarely on battries. I have tried your suggestion and no success.

I belive there must be some option/setting in Windows, yet I cannot find it
    Its a software (windows) thing, because in the bios I do see the full CPU beeing on 2.2Ghz.

Thank you both for taking time to reply and anon-e-mouse thank you for putting it in the right forum.
    Just imagine, if the world was like an online community. Where people help each other, just because they can.

Have you gone to the advanced settings in power options and disabled the CPU power management?
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine