Embedding a mp3 into a page

I am trying to embed a mp3 into a website so that when a customer visits the site they can click on the embedded player and the song plays. NO POPUP PLAYERS!

I accomplished this on this page:

http://christmasinheaven.net/resources.html

However, when visited with IE this error message greets the user:

Click to run an Activex control on this web page

This message does not appear to all but it does appear to the site owner most importantly and she wants it gone. How?

I have searched and all I can find is that it is on the user's computer....is there another way to do this?

Here is the code I am currently using:

Code:
    <object width="300" height="42">
    <param name="src" value="audio.mp3">
    <param name="autoplay" value="true">
    <param name="controller" value="true">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
    <embed src="audio.mp3" 
    autostart="false" loop="false" 
    width="300" height="42" controller="true"
    bgcolor="#FFFFFF"></embed></object>
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Eric

Hi,

just tried your webpage using both FF and IE, they both works the same (music plays without any glitch).

Regards,

G
    PutFile.io — Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Googled
    Hi,

just tried your webpage using both FF and IE, they both works the same (music plays without any glitch).

Regards,

G
    Yes as I posted the error is only in IE and it does not happen to everyone.

Is there a better way to do this so that we don't have the ActiveX error shown to some?

Thanks,

Eric

Take a look at http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/

Its a Flash based mp3 player which can be embeded in web pages. Since its developed in Flash, it is compatible with any browser whcih supports Flash.

You can find more mp3 web players at http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Sound/Players/
    DarshWebSolutions.com : Web Design, PHP Development, E-Commerce Solutions

PDF-ace.com : HTML to PDF API

The improved acitve x control comes with SP2, thats when Internet Explorer started freaking out.

No matter what, if your going to embed an mp3 object your going to get active x junk (that is, if your running SP2).

Flash is your best bet, you can even make your own flash file that is a transparent 1 by 1px box to embed the music.

ActiveX is one of the dumbest things Microsoft did with IE. I'd say go the flash player route as some people disable ActiveX for security reasons. It's reliable and can be more elegant.
    "It's hard to dance if you just lost your wallet. Whoa! Where's my wallet? But, hey this song is funky." - Mitch Hedberg

hi
    it's working

embed src="video/0f9b3c5985fea3a000267dcd9c40d764.avi" width="300" height="300" hspace="0" vspace="0" loop="true" autoplay="true"></embed>

if any problem pm me.

Javascript Sound Kit

I agree with the flash sugestions, any one that doesn't have flash installed clearly doesn't WANT an mp3 playing on web pages any way.. so thats perfect!

I used Javascript Sound Kit: http://jssoundkit.sourceforge.net/

You can control it via javascript (skiptrack, pause, volume, new pls, etc) but if its not needed just any flash player would do best IMO.

Don't embed mp3s that people can't turn off either IMO, that will just make people hit that red X to stop the music if there isn't a clearer easy way to shut-it-the-hell-up.

Thank you to all who responded. We have now fixed this thanks to Jatinder suggested website.

I appreciate the help.

Eric