ipowerweb listed everywhere you go

It simply amazes me that everywhere you go on the web, whether its a SEO directory listing or a simple search on the web for web hosting, IPOWERWEB's flashing banner is there to greet you.

I just dont get how these people can afford to place their banner on every search engine, every seo and directory listing and everywhere you go. How do they do it?

Not only that, on every free directory submissions I'v made, they are ALWAYS listed at the top of the list and highly recommended by the webmaster. What are the webmasters doing, taking bribes? Always listed in the top 10, always featured always posting the largest flashy ad. in the showcase gallery!!

If their service was superior to everyone elses, i would say good on them, but they are certainly not the top webhosting company in the world. What they are the top liers and their services truely suck.

Ipowerweb is one, there are 3 or 4 others who follow them. Always listed as the best. Im so tried of it!

They don't put their banner everywhere.
    Their affiliates do: That's the beauty of an affiliate program as you have users advertising on your behalf and you don't endure any additional fees UNLESS you get a sale.

It's great for brand recognition if done correctly as you can plainly see.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Ipowerweb like hostgator have a massive advertising budget. They also may have a parent investment company, or venture capitol funding.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

Hostgator, thats the other one i was thinking about.

Well with affiliate commission for many of these companies rising to the $100+ range per sale for $5/mo. hosting packages, it's very hard to make money but it does help you bring new sales and if you have a good budget and you can guarantee your affiliates the payout, then you're sure to bring in lots of traffic from the internet through various webmaster sites and so on.

There are many affiliates for these large spending companies that make more money than their employees / staff etc.. which is pretty amazing
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

" What they are the top liers and their services truely suck. " lol

i been with them thinking they will get better but they are the worst hosting provider I have ever experinced, their customer support is extremly sucks and they have no idea about anything.

Well, initially everyone looks for the cheapest provider, then people realize "oh wait, the server actually needs to be running for my website to work, DUH"

Righton, every newbie always sems to want the CHEAPEST host. Then they end up here complaining...

Actually, sometime in the past iPowerweb may have been a good company - I am not sure. And some of those banners may be hanging out there as honest recommendations, now outdated.

Of course, they are all affiliate-driven, and often people don't care what they recommend as long as they make some $$...

Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Quote Originally Posted by jmcallister
    Ipowerweb like hostgator have a massive advertising budget. They also may have a parent investment company, or venture capitol funding.
    Hostgator has VC funding? Who are their investors?
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    Hostgator has VC funding? Who are their investors?
    Bob, Ipower and Hostgator are not in the same league.. at all. But you know that Hostgator has a long way to go...both are privately held and unless you happen to be a part of Hostgator's executive management team (using the term loosely,) that info is not available. I know Thomas and his company as well as their growth strategy; giving away the farm isn't part of the plan. Ipower is still privately held and regardless of what those not in the know on this board may opine, they remain one of the top three brands and certainly best of breed in shared mass market web hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by cowabunga
    Ipower is still privately held and regardless of what those not in the know on this board may opine, they remain one of the top three brands and certainly best of breed in shared mass market web hosting.
    Having been a former customer, I have to say that was not my experience. Their customer service was absolutely horrid.

They may have a lot of customers, but quantity != quality.
    Take back the web. Get Firefox
    I use FreeBSD on my desktop and servers.

The effect of launching a high paying affiliate program can easily be seen with hosts/brands like Hostmonster. Combined with an eye catching hosting offer, they've attracted serious attention and established themselves as a potentially lucrative option for the affiliate marketers out there.

From this point of view, Ipowerweb is way ahead of the game compared to most hosts out there. They were playing it back when many were not even established yet.

and certainly best of breed in shared mass market web hosting.
    They're certainly doing something right, for paying $50-$100 per sale for years, as they did and continue to do, is no easy feat.