Best way to kill a "process"...

OK... complete noob question here... but I need a little help.

When I go into my WHM panel and click on CPU Usage... the Process Manager shows the following two process' running high (I am assumming)...
    5169 nobody 0 49.9 0.0 /usr/bin/php run.php ArizonaScionOrg.xml 1
    8830 nobody 0 48.6 0.0 /usr/bin/php run.php PhoenixHondaDeals.xml 1
    What is the command if I SSH in to kill these two process?

Thanks for your help!!!
    Web

You can actually kill them from WHM, if you goto "cpu usage". You should be able to kill the processes.

Or, from shell:

kill -9 5169
    kill -9 8830

That should do the trick.

To find out if they are running "high", run:

in shell

You can also kill from there by pressing k and typing in their process numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanhughson
    You can actually kill them from WHM, if you goto "cpu usage". You should be able to kill the processes.

Or, from shell:

kill -9 5169
    kill -9 8830

That should do the trick.

To find out if they are running "high", run:

in shell

You can also kill from there by pressing k and typing in their process numbers.

Thanks for posting this i was Just about to ask the same question

stephanhughson...
    Thanks!!! I actually found the way to do it in WHM... works like a champ!

Web!

For future reference...

kill -9 <process>

So kill -9 5169 would work. You can also type ps x to see a list or processes running when your in shell.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by adb22791
    For future reference...

kill -9 <process>

So kill -9 5169 would work. You can also type ps x to see a list or processes running when your in shell.

Alex
    just "kill" works fine most of the time, I would only add -9 if the process is unable to be killed orderly.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

* Moved to Technical and Security Issues....

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by adb22791
    For future reference...

kill -9 <process>

I've noticed this shows a list of processes in the user's shell. Going into top I could see all the processes on a shared server. I don't know what the situaton is here and whether he is on a reseller machine and using WHM.

A client whom I plan to move has top indicate that the server is running from 25-45% CPU at the moment and this is probably moderate activity. This was thanks to top. (He was wondering why his server could be slow and didn't realize that there were actually 800 domains being hosted on that machine.)