* servage.net - can`t solve the problems

Hi forum

I decided to post my problems here becouse Servage "custom care stuff" didn`t respond to my tickets no more :[

everything started week ago with one of my domains

Servage

"Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

But I want to let you know that, your account has been suspended for being destination of DoS attack (domain.com.).

Thanks for your understanding!"
    and Servage disabled all my domains. Ok I understand **** happens... But I hope to everyone not just for me. But this is not the end of the world.

then i`ve answered couple questions

Servage

"A type of attack on a network that is designed to bring the network to its knees by flooding it with useless traffic."

This affected many of our other clients negativly. So you maybe have an idea why your site may have caused this DoS attack?
    Do you have any idea why someone would attack your website domain.com?

Customer

Sorry about that. Our community is friendly and all content is legal. So realy don`t have a clue about these things which happened (D.O.S or smth). Sorry about that (couse I don`t have the answer).

can you just put online all pages exept domain.com quick as possible?

next day they reactivated all domains exept that domain.com which was attacked...

And know with hope I`m asking everyday Servage to reactivate my last domain and get answers like this

"Unfortunately we can not offer to reactivate domain.lt"
    that`s it ...

so my questions to Servage:

1. Why u can`t?
    2. When u gonna activate it?

p.s. people realy disapointed emails don`t work, webpage, forum & etc... It`s ridiculous.

want to ask all forum members maybe you know what to do? And know best solution to solve our problem?

thanks
    pekas

It has nothing to do with whether or not your site is legitimate. You may be a victim, but whenever the security and uptime of a lot of sites are endangered by one site, a good hosting company will stop hosting it. Sometimes they have to sacrifice one to save many. Its that simple.

In this case, I don't think they are going to host it any more. You should look for hosting elsewhere.

We have had situations where that happened to a site, and unless we can get some very good, detailed answers as to why it happened and some guarantees that it won't happen again, we will not host it again under any circumstances.

That said, if this is the case with servage, it would be nice if they would just tell you that instead of giving you the run-around. If it is not possible to change hosts, then why don't you just ask them point blank: "Will you ever host this site again, or should I look elsewhere?"
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

that`s it ...

so my questions to Servage:

1. Why u can`t?
    2. When u gonna activate it?
    Unfortunately this is not Servage support forums, I doubt you will get the answer to your questions.

You might want to look for a host that offers DoS protection for your one domain.

How you thing guys do I need to ask my money back?

I think if they a good hosting company & gonna kill one domain to save many I must get money back...

thx
    Pekas

try gigeservers. They specialize in hosting sites that are DDOS victims.

Quote Originally Posted by everity
    That said, if this is the case with servage, it would be nice if they would just tell you that instead of giving you the run-around. If it is not possible to change hosts, then why don't you just ask them point blank: "Will you ever host this site again, or should I look elsewhere?"
    I think you need to listen to this advice, and ask Servage whether your domain will ever be re-activated or do you need to look elsewhere for hosting. At least this way you can start looking for another host and get your site back online.
    If they do say your site will come back online soon, ask them for an estimated time.

I dont think you are entitled to a refund of your money, so i wouldn't be too aggresive towards them as you may find yourself digging a hole you cant get out of, while making things worse.

I would agree. The last thing you need to worry about is getting your money back. Its not really the host's fault anyway. They are just doing what they have to do to protect the majority of their customers.

If you demand a refund, they may turn it around on you and say that because your site caused their server to be compromised , you owe THEM money for damages THEIR business has suffered. So consider yourself lucky they haven't done that yet, and just forget about a refund.

I know you are frustrated, but look at it from their point of view. From your perspective you are a victim, but from their perspective, you are a liability. Even though their handling of the situation wasn't very good, the attack against your domain is not the hosts' fault, so why should they have to give you your money back?

I would take pixelized's advice and go with a host that specializes in DDOS victims, such as gigeservers. (I don't know much about them, but right now I don't think you have many other options.)

Good luck.
    Last edited by everity; 09-05-2006 at 09:23 AM.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

I agree a hosting company has to do whatever they can in their power to protect all their customers not just 1.

thx to all you guys and Servage staff for understanding.

problem solved and domain online again.

Glad that turned out alright, strange is that, although it's not a really bad idea to take the domain out while being DOS, why take all the domains?, and nowadays i would expect a big host to have the tools in place to, if not proactively, counter this kinds of things, since it wouldn't affect only that account/domain but at least that server/cluster/portion of the network, well at least everything turned out alright ^^