Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by newista
    Retire,

Sorry we have not responded to your billing request faster. Our August issues have created alot of adminstrative work which we are getting fixed. Unfortunately, billing issues that are not resulting in an interuption of service or some other critical issues have a lower priority then technical support issues.

However, if you post your ticket # I'd be happy to look into it for you.

Thanks,

Gary
    That post says it all.

All I've read thus far is excuses.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

Hmm,

It is not really an excuse. Just a statement of fact:

1. We are behind.
    2. Some tickets are less critical than others.

So simple my 1st grader can understand. I'm sorry is was not so simple for you.

Why do you care anyhow, are you a Newista client? If so, I'd be happy to accidentally delete your account without warning....

Ohh Swizi,

Please tell me you have more than 12 domains before you pop off like that:

http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/...ains/SWIZI.COM

That's only for one particular set of IPs my friend.
    My clients are hosted on a different set of nameserver IPs.
    And if you manage to find those other IPs, there's always the clients that choose to have their own DNS.

Newista isn't getting anywhere, you're going downhill http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/...ns/newista.com

Don't try to criticise until you know your source is correct, personally manual research is best.

Hmm,

1. We are behind.

Why do you care anyhow, are you a Newista client? If so, I'd be happy to accidentally delete your account without warning....
    I think your first grader might have repeated several times.

And no I'm not a Newista client, and never intend to, because if Newista likes to "accidentally" delete accounts without warning then that's a host I'd like to stay away.

And also, I wouldn't go near a host that hired 12 year olds.
    Last edited by Swizi; 09-21-2006 at 11:33 PM.

Swizi, your right. Why should I argue with someone with your obvious experience when it is apparent I have none.

Good luck with all your business ventures.

Gary

Hmm,
    are you a Newista client? If so, I'd be happy to accidentally delete your account without warning....

with an attitude like that I can understand why I have read so many negative reviews, you sure add credibility to the bashers.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by Swizi
    That's only for one particular set of IPs my friend.
    I think your first grader might have repeated several times.

And no I'm not a Newista client, and never intend to, because if Newista likes to "accidentally" delete accounts without warning then that's a host I'd like to stay away.

And also, I wouldn't go near a host that hired 12 year olds.
    could it be the first grader and the 12 yo are one in the same?
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Swizi, your right. Why should I argue with someone with your obvious experience when it is apparent I have none.

Good luck with all your business ventures.

Gary
    No need for sarcasm (if you were being sarcastic). Think over what you write several times, I've made the mistake once or twice, you gave your company bad name with the 1st reply to my criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    could it be the first grader and the 12 yo are one in the same?
    Who knows? Our friend Gary seems to have multiple personalities - the parent one, the business one, and the childish one.

Hmm,

1. We are behind.

Gary,
    As another host, from me to you, you have let me down. I stood up for you thinking you were correct in multiple instances, but in this case you have gone way out of line and have insulted the entire web hosting community with a statement like that. You have just ruined your credibility with me, and most likely everyone else on this forum. You have acted immature and have displayed the fact that you are obviously wreckless and dont care about the clients, only the ones who dont speak up. I will no longer support you in any cause, whether you are right nor wrong.

Matt
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

You are all right. I was simply frustrated. As you know, I have not been an active operator in Newista and it has been very stressful. I usually try and restrain from such comments, but when an uninterested 3rd party criticizes something they know nothing about, I find that to be an insult to the hosting community. Most have been supportive, but Swizi seemed to just come in a pop off a one liner attack at Newista.

As an unrelated party, why is Swizi not criticized for his attack on Newista?

We are doing are best to take care of Newista customers and my original response to the CUSTOMER frustration was simply to provide information as to why his ticket had not been responded too.

You are all right. I was simply frustrated. As you know, I have not been an active operator in Newista and it has been very stressful. I usually try and restrain from such comments, but when an uninterested 3rd party criticizes something they know nothing about, I find that to be an insult to the hosting community. Most have been supportive, but Swizi seemed to just come in a pop off a one liner attack at Newista.

We are doing are best to take care of Newista customers and my original response to the CUSTOMER frustration was simply to provide information as to why his ticket had not been responded too.
    Lots of people know I speak my mind, many a time has it got me into trouble.

But it's simple, I said what I thought, lots of excuses, and I was interested to see your reply.

You're not the first one to have got frustrated and made a reply that you regret, nor will you be the last.

But it's a simple lesson to be learnt - take it in your stride.

But it did look like a bunch of excuses, if you read over the thread it's excuse after excuse.

Well, I have really never participated in forums as has not been part of my business practice for my hosting business.

I still don't see how your original comments were helpful or even why you felt compelled to jump in and make what I feel was an attack on Newista. My response was emotional, but it still doesn't excuse your original comment.

And....

My comments about you doing well were not sarcasm, although the first part of the post was . I wish every small business owner well as it is a challenge, especially small hosting companies.

Newista is back on track and still getting a few new signups every day. Good luck to you all. Remember, it's not nice to kick a host while they're down

Gary,

If you were in an office full of people who were questioning you, and you were a head of a corporation, what do you think would happen if you snapped like that?

It's the same here. Everyone expects a level of professionalism. This is your meeting room with everyone in here trying to hear you pitch your case. This isnt just a forum - people come here to find out about hosts, get reviews, get help, learn who to go to and who to avoid. A level of professionalism is just as necessary here as in an office.

I also do not understand what you have against some of the people here. Just because someone here who is not a customer raises question about something doesnt mean he is not jusitfies. He was raising points of which should be raised, and someone else probably would have in the end.

Matt
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

Matt,

I agree with some of your comments. But how is criticizing a host "helpful"? With the customer base Newista has, it is expected that we will have unhappy customers given our recent circumstances. In my experience, those customers are the most vocal, which is a fact of business and life.

The only reason I visit this forum is to see if I can reach any of those customers that feel this is thier only outlet. I try very hard to satisfy those customers, at any cost. Many of the customers I've made contact with via the forums have been very well taken care of, which was my obvious intent when responding to Retire.

Maybe you can explain to me how another host criticizing my efforts is helpful or even warranted. What is then end goal of those comments? I don't see any positive aspect to it. It wasn't "helpful" or constructive.

I agree I am not an expert at forum ettiquette, but I'll learn.

Matt,

I agree with some of your comments. But how is criticizing a host "helpful"? With the customer base Newista has, it is expected that we will have unhappy customers given our recent circumstances. In my experience, those customers are the most vocal, which is a fact of business and life.

The only reason I visit this forum is to see if I can reach any of those customers that feel this is thier only outlet. I try very hard to satisfy those customers, at any cost. Many of the customers I've made contact with via the forums have been very well taken care of, which was my obvious intent when responding to Retire.

Maybe you can explain to me how another host criticizing my efforts is helpful or even warranted. What is then end goal of those comments? I don't see any positive aspect to it. It wasn't "helpful" or constructive.

I agree I am not an expert at forum ettiquette, but I'll learn.

I criticised you, live with it, you don't have to spit the dummy about something so small, it's how you replied which is why this conversation is happening.

If you replied professionally, with something along the lines of "It may appear to be excuse after excuse, but the fact of the matter is it's true, and this is what's happening, and I am sorry for any inconveniences this may cause" instead of something else which made you look stupid, and pointing out that I had 12 domains hosted on 2 IPs which happen to be only my personal websites, making you look like a special kind of stupid.

I am a small host, I agree. Over 50 domains hosted but under 200, and I thank you for you wishing me luck, but I wish you luck as well.

You will deal with criticism on a daily basis being a web host, and you'll learn to live with it. I may be different - as I say it how it is, and without caring what anyone else thinks, which is pretty much me. But I also have a point of professionalism, which is needed when dealing with this criticism, and sometimes I may not always be professional.

Your reply has been accepted, and read lots, and you should just move on rather than trying to get everyone to knock me about criticising you. Because like Matt said, someone was going to in the end, I just beat them to the punch.

Retire,

Sorry we have not responded to your billing request faster. Our August issues have created alot of adminstrative work which we are getting fixed. Unfortunately, billing issues that are not resulting in an interuption of service or some other critical issues have a lower priority then technical support issues.

However, if you post your ticket # I'd be happy to look into it for you.

Thanks,

Gary
    ticket HJU-39414-235

if billing issues have lower priority then it means you are not going to suspend my account after expiry ?

Quote Originally Posted by Swizi
    I may be different - as I say it how it is, and without caring what anyone else thinks, which is pretty much me.
    enough said. Thanks Swizi.

Newista,
    reply to my ticket.

it was submitted on 20th sept.

No answer yet.

Newista is going to dissolve ?

Retire.

I sent you a reply to your PM at 8:35AM this morning. I also just sent you a response via the Newista help desk.

I assure you Newista is not going to dissolve

Thanks.

its my first time seeing the host company, came on field to clerify.

well, this clear up the air. but the remains are the unsatisfied customer.
    beside appology, think you guys can giv some compensation back to them [if can]

as they already faces enormous lost due to downtime.
    most online business cant profit, when the service is down.

all the best wishes to ramazan health. take care.

I assure you Newista is not going to dissolve
    Interesting.

Please would you like to answer again (if you feel its necessary) to my reply ?

Retire,

Accounts are not being suspended due to our slow response on billing issues.

Thanks.

I complete understand if you need to cancel. We are still recovering from August issues. Support tickets are more manageable now, but we are responding slower than we'd like.

Technically, we are at 100% except for a few account specific issues, which we are addressing as fast as we can.

The support desk is fully functional however.

No quick solutions, but I'll try and keep everyone informed.

Thanks,

Gary
    Newista, Inc.
    Thanks for being honest Gary!
    Keep up the good work.

okay..
    its due on me .. kindly send me email when you will be able to receive money.

Good Luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast