Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    300

    AxisHost - One Month Review

    Hello everyone!

    As promised, here is a review of AxisHost, my choice after many months of research here on WHT

    Unfortunately, I've had some problems getting my site up, so I can't say too much about the hosting aspect. There was a couple minutes of downtime on my server, but we were notified via email very quickly and it was resolved in a few hours, mostly because they had to wait on a reboot. There was also some scheduled maintenance later that day on the server that lasted a couple minutes while they rebooted the machine again. Overall, not bad at all. I subscribed to Host-Tracker.com per some of WHTers' fellow suggestions, and it has been tracking my site at 100% uptime since then.

    I can't say much else because my sites aren't up yet. However, their support has me singing praises. Bonnie of CH, as some of you may know, never kept her software up to date, so when I moved and restored my backups, I got screwed because cPanel handled several things differently. AH support worked with me quickly (even though there seems to be only 2 people working in support - Tina included! Get some sleep lol) and did everything they could to get my account set up. Besides that mess, account setup was incredibly fast.

    Since then, I've submitted various tickets on issues ranging from urgent, to not-technical-support related and they were all answered promptly. To date, I have submitted 10 tickets, most have an average "first response" time of less than 2 hours, and followups are minutes after that. There were a few cases where I had to wait, but it was less than 10 hours for an initial response, and that is quite acceptable to me.

    My main domain hosted with them is DarkScythe.com, although the nameservers are custom, simply because they were available, and it looks cool
    Although, there still isn't much on there because of the transition headaches, and also because I am still working on the hack to merge phpBB and ExpressionEngine together. Once that's done I can launch a new site on it.

    All in all, it was a pleasurable experience, I am happy with AxisHost, and I hope it stays great in the future. I will, of course, keep my fellow WHTers satiated with reviews as time rolls along

    Now for the all important (or not?!) ratings:
    First Impression: 96%
    One Month: 95%


    "But wait, it went down!" -- Only one percent though, nothing is perfect, and there were some problems, though none specifically the fault of AH, but they were there and it wasn't a good experience to deal with trouble. But, it is a high rating nonetheless, because they were there and went above and beyond to help me solve them.
    SuperUnlimitedHosting!
    Unlimited Space! Unlimited Bandwidth! Unlimited Domains/MySQL/Everything!
    24/7 Live Support! 101% Uptime - Guaranteed!
    Disclaimer: This does not exist...........yet!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    816
    Thank you for your review.
    Last edited by DimensionServers; 09-04-2006 at 12:26 PM.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chattanooga
    Posts
    8,985
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcallister
    Thank you for your review. May I ask what sites you host with them?
    If you try reading the posts for once you'll note it's DarkScythe.com
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    816
    Sorry I must have missed the bottom section.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    666
    Nice review DarkRogue! I'm sure that will help many around here. Yeh, Tina's company does get high ratings around here and I've heard them mentioned other places as well.
    Although I'm sure many of us will already know what your experience will be like, but periodically keep giving us all updates on how everything goes.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    9,675
    Who says bribery doesn't pay off?!?

    Kidding. Thanks for the kind words. If you ever feel we can improve our services in any way, don't hesitate to email me directly.

    --Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    Thank you DarkRogue for taking the time to update us on your hosting experience!

    Who says bribery doesn't pay off?!?
    Not me. Where I live, bribery is still the principal way to open the doors (including ones that should have been open by default). It's a (sad) everyday life fact.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 09-04-2006 at 03:54 PM.

  8. #8
    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us

    It's nice to read some positive reviews once in a while. Keep us updated in the future.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,009
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRogue
    . . . and it was resolved in a few hours, mostly because they had to wait on a reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    . . . If you ever feel we can improve our services in any way, don't hesitate to email me directly.
    APC or IPMI cards.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    9,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    APC or IPMI cards.

    Werkin' on it.

    --Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    300
    Of course..!
    *Counts his sudden income..*

    lol, I'm glad to report, and hope it'll help people. As far as improving goes.. Let's shrink that 2 hour initial response to 2 minutes
    Just kidding lol, costs would probably skyrocket. Just keep up what you have and never sell and we'll be fine
    SuperUnlimitedHosting!
    Unlimited Space! Unlimited Bandwidth! Unlimited Domains/MySQL/Everything!
    24/7 Live Support! 101% Uptime - Guaranteed!
    Disclaimer: This does not exist...........yet!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRogue
    Hello everyone!

    Now for the all important (or not?!) ratings:
    First Impression: 96%
    One Month: 95%


    "But wait, it went down!" -- Only one percent though, nothing is perfect, and there were some problems, though none specifically the fault of AH, but they were there and it wasn't a good experience to deal with trouble. But, it is a high rating nonetheless, because they were there and went above and beyond to help me solve them.
    Something tells me nobody gets 100 in your scoring system. Good to see they scored a 95 under tight scrutiny

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    Something tells me nobody gets 100 in your scoring system.
    It's only natural. Perfection is out of the reach of humans.

  14. #14
    Thanks for a great review.
    Will be considering your experience if I need to change host.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    492
    Sounds like you got yourself a good host. Keep us updated in a couple of months and let us know how they are doing.

  16. #16
    Thanks for the review. I'm interested to see if they continue to do well.

  17. #17
    Well, I'm gald you're happy with the company so far, but it's got to be said that hosts can shine in a single month - come back after 6 months and 1 year that will be worth so much more.

    I'm also impressed that you're recommending the webhost even though you say you don't have a website up. Is that a first for WHT?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    300
    Oh, it's up, but it's been neglected in favor of a new layout/whatever.
    It's not linked from the main page either
    Right now it's a personal site I give to my friends to check on.

    But as it stands, I'm working on updating everything and when it's done, the site will be scrapped and I'll put a new one up .. hopefully accessible to the public. Assuming PHP doesn't kill me first.
    SuperUnlimitedHosting!
    Unlimited Space! Unlimited Bandwidth! Unlimited Domains/MySQL/Everything!
    24/7 Live Support! 101% Uptime - Guaranteed!
    Disclaimer: This does not exist...........yet!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •