Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    what's to stop you from building up a good traffic base and then one day deciding to add Google Adsense?

--Tina
    My conscience and the fact that the people visiting it would be disgusted, plus the traffic isn't that high and it's wrong

my condolences to Steves family. Yes, he was great man and should be known by anyone who watch discovery channel.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by WHTer
    So basically if he was stabbed just about anywhere else he wouldn't have died? Was this just a lucky stab from stingray?
    Somewhat right...it was a mix of the location of the stab and the fact that they were in a pretty desolate area with only a doctor on-board the boat.

You must remember that these stingrays aren't something to play with. The bigger ones can put that barb right thought the hull of a boat.

Always, Steve you were the man. Animal Planet will never be the same...aw hell, THE planet will never be the same.
    Christian Koehler
    Racked Hosting
    Web Hosting, Unmetered Dedicated Hosting and SHOUTcast Hosting
    +1.866.5RACKED (ext. 802)

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu
    Huh? The guy was well-known... I think people would have the facts of how he passed... nothing evil in that.

Personally, I would like to know the hard facts so when I talk to my 13 yr old family member about it, she understands.... He pushed it too far, so it looks... big deal... that was his show, that was why we loved him... he was dangerous and sometimes reckless... he was doing things the rest of us did not have the basket balls to do.

I was referring to people giving the guy crap for putting up a small tribute site

Quote Originally Posted by Hostex Australia
    My conscience and the fact that the people visiting it would be disgusted, plus the traffic isn't that high and it's wrong
    Yes, I understand that your intentions are good. However, what about the next guy...who's motives aren't so genuine? How do we decide who's allowed and who's not?

--Tina

Cry me. at least he died doing whhat he loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude
    I'm sure it was accidental on the ray's part. Steve was probably swimming along the bottom, didnt see the ray, it startled the ray, and it most likely jumped causing it's stinger to go up an hit him. If he'd seen the ray, I doubt he'd have been stung.
    Steve Irwin had seen the stingray. In fact he was swimming close and above it(not holding the ray) and the cameraman inadvertently blocked its path whilst filming. The ray stopped swimming and in turning,they wip their tails and it speared Irwin through the heart.

It was a sad accident, but we ozzies always thought Irwin would meet a his maker sooner rather than later. Steve was convinced he was invincible because he and the wild creatures were one....hmmmm

Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude
    I'm sure it was accidental on the ray's part. Steve was probably swimming along the bottom, didnt see the ray, it startled the ray, and it most likely jumped causing it's stinger to go up an hit him. If he'd seen the ray, I doubt he'd have been stung.
    I agree 100%. Steve was the man.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    Yes, I understand that your intentions are good. However, what about the next guy...who's motives aren't so genuine? How do we decide who's allowed and who's not?

--Tina
    Well I think charitable types of sites like mine should be allowed if they have no ads and links to commercial sites. Any other type should be removed.

Well I think charitable types of sites like mine should be allowed if they have no ads and links to commercial sites. Any other type should be removed.
    That's very unbiased of you.

--Tina

hostexdns.com isn't yours?

Quote Originally Posted by tributetosteve.com footer
    Tribute put together by Daniel Santo | You are being served by dx2.hostexdns.com
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

god bless his soul, may he roam with animals daily thru heaven , play with squirrels, rabbits, god bless

According to Germaine Greer...

Quote Originally Posted by webuyhosts
    god bless his soul, may he roam with animals daily thru heaven , play with squirrels, rabbits, god bless
    According to Australian Academic, Germaine Greer, 'May the crocodiles, snakes, koalas of the world rest easy from being stressed by Steve Irwins antics in his quest for publicity...The animals of the world have reeked their revenge!'.

Whilst I am not a fan of Germaine Greer, she does have a valid point in that us meer mortals would have been arrested a long time ago for harassing wildlife in Australia. The greens would have been all over you all the way to court.

Lyn from Oz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12