* hugotonhosting.com-any experiences

Im just wondering if anyone has any experiences with them. Mine has been ok so far. Ive bought a bronze reseller and shared hosting, All at great prices.

Anyone else a client of theirs?

Hello,

Never worked with them, but their template site is not very convencing but we never know. We are happy that you found them to be a good hosting company, but how much time you have experienced them?

Regards,

I have to agree with HBUG. The template they used hasent even been finished customizing. What domains do you host with them?
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

Red flag #1: Template: not only that they are using one, but that they haven't even fully customized it.
    Red flag #2: Extreme overselling
    Red flag #3: No phone number (not easy to find if its there)
    Red flag #4: No physical address
    Red flag #5: Site is full of typos, bad grammar, and misspelled words
    Red flag #6: Using 2CO, and nothing else

There are so many good hosts out there that don't have these red flags, I would steer clear of this host until they resolve their problems.

The red flags above don't prove anything, but they do raise a lot of suspicion. If anyone from hugotonhosting.com is reading this, it is strongly suggested that you address the issues listed above.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

I have to disaggree with you on the 2co one, there are plenty of good hosts that use that billing system.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

Hello,

I am Trevor from Smartwavetech formally hugotonhosting.

Thankyou for the feedback.

We are in the process of making a new website as we speak.

We accept 2co & paypal.

I will take note of the redflags and remove them from the new website.

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 09-04-2006 at 08:05 PM.
    Thanks,
    SmartWaveTech Team
    http://www.smartwavetech.com

SWTtrev, I'm impressed with the response. A good sign indeed.

jmcallister, I never said there was anything wrong with 2CO, just the fact that it was the ONLY payment method offered. (which is apparently not the case with hugotonhosting.com, regardless). The reason this is a red flag is because 2CO is often used as a last resort. When a host can't qualify to accept payments any other way, they accept 2CO.

If, as in this case, 2CO is offered in conjunction with other payment methods, then it is not a red flag.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

kw-host, first, welcome to the forums! Any chance you can tell us the domain you have with them?
    Hugotonhosting.com was registered on 2/13/05 and Smartwavetech.com was registered on 6/2/06.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcallister
    I have to disaggree with you on the 2co one, there are plenty of good hosts that use that billing system.
    I also have to disagree, I've seen several using it.
    SWTtrev, welcome also!
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

2CO isn't a last resort, its a great option actually, I would consider PayPal to be a "last resort"

I personally think that paypal could be classed as a "last resort" as they donít exactly require anything to have an account.

Trev
    Thanks,
    SmartWaveTech Team
    http://www.smartwavetech.com

Smart Wave Tech

Good day to you all,

I was passed on the link to this thread when a company member was searching around.

My name is Daniel Jeyes, Managing Director of Smart Wave Tech, formally known as HugotonHosting.

I thought I would quickly just pass a few comments your way about the red flags, I don't discourage any comments good or bad on the company. We look at any feedback in detail to take note of what our customer want and how we can fit there needs as much as possible.

Red flag #1: Template: not only that they are using one, but that they haven't even fully customized it.

I agree, this looks bad on the company. This is why we have had a custom design created, coded and we are currently coding up the content of the new site and the member system.

We have had this in development for some time, however supporting our customers was 100% more important than the website, so the website has been put behind our customers.

We do have a phone number, however it may not be easy to find on the old site (hugotonhosting.com) the new site will have all our information. We have decided rather than spending time improving the old site (which I am sure your aware we haven't) we have decided to spend time in the thinking of how our new site can be improved and be easy to use.

Red flag #4: No physical address

Red flag #5: Site is full of typos, bad grammar, and misspelled words.

Again, this site is soon to be gone. It looks bad that there is typo's and spelling/grammar error. I apologise on behalf of Smart Wave Tech and how bad this looks. We are looking to give much more of a professional website with our new release.

Red flag #6: Using 2CO, and nothing else

We currently accept paypal and 2co. We have been looking at other modules and companies, however. What is the point in having 15 different payment modules/methods when a customer can pay using paypal or using there credit card using 2co. We are constantly evaluating if there is point moving to others, however will would interrupt current customers payments.

I can say strongly that we will look into these ‘Red Flags’ into great detail and any other comments anyone has to make. We are always looking for ways to improve the company, however long this may take.

Thanks,
    Daniel Jeyes

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 09-04-2006 at 08:11 PM. Reason: typo

Jim2Macs, did you read my post? http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...98&postcount=7

Again, very impressive Daniel. I think your new site will help you get a lot of new business when you launch it.

Without getting into a never-ending debate over 2CO vs. PayPal, the fact remains that 2CO, as the ONLY payment option, is more appealing to fly-by-night hosts for a number of reasons. Again, this does NOT apply when it is used an extra payment option, only when it is the only one. Also Trev, fyi, you can accept credit cards through PayPal as well. That is not something unique to 2CO.

Truly, the best sign of being established (with regards to payment options) is to have your own merchant account, but since a lot of good start-ups do not have this, you have to consider other payment options, such as paypal and 2CO.

In my experience, I have found the above to be true, but I'm sure there are specific exceptions. Please don't waste everyone's time by posting every known exception. I'm quite certain that if I cared, I could easily list 100 hosts on WHT that have overwhelmingly negatively reviews, that also accept 2CO as their only payment option. That is why I consider it to be a red flag. If anyone disagrees, start paying attention, and over time I'm quite sure you will agree.

If anyone really wants to waste time debating this, then please start another thread. At this point, this issue has very limited relevance to the original post.
    eVerity.com

in response to earlier.

I have ironcat.co.uk and welsh-cast.com hosted with them. Ironcat is for a year and welsh-cast im getting suspended as ive found a bigger cheaper reseller.

Also I have their new template if anyone wants to see it. It looks amazing
    HostRaft
    Quality SHOUTcast, Resellers, VPS, Licenses
    http://www.hostraft.com