intro from a soon to be webhosting business owner

hi all -

my name is melanie, stay at home momma of 2 boys. i have been looking for a long time of a home based business that i can do at home besides ebay. about 3 weeks ago.. while working on our family website, i got this crazy idea of having my own webhosting business.. thus begin my research day and night about webhosting. i landed here in wht and found what could be the best option for a newbie that lacks technical skills like me.. a reseller account.

i'd like a webhosting that will offer end user support as my husband likes to take us with him during business trips. i already thought of a niche or a market to concentrate on that is of great interest to me. i am not really looking to become big time, i just wanted to make a few bucks to help my family without sacrificing getting a job outside the house.

so now... the dilemma of choosing the right host for my business... decisions.. decisions.. decisions.... after reading in this forum for weeks now i decided to register... i have narrowed my choices so far to: hostgator, resellerzoom, innohosting and the closest right now is bliksemhosting.

sorry for the long intro.. i am very excited.. we are moving to our own place anytime this month and as soon as we get settled i wanted to start working on my business plan and go from there.

any suggestions and tips are very much appreciated. thank you!

happy labor day everyone!

welcome to wht!

ouch... that hurts pretty bad! i thought that's what i just did, i guess i was wrong. also i didn't know this is a language and arts forum too, wht have people all over the world whose primary language is not english and that includes me ... i probably don't belong here then.... as far as the fonts are concerned, i saw some have multiple colors and fonts than i did.. did you go on each one everytime and tell them how they need to do their own signatures? you don't have to answer that.. just a thought... sorry

pinayhost, if you see any signatures against the rules, report the posts and a moderator will take care of it

is it possible to delete your own post?

ouch... that hurts pretty bad! i thought that's what i just did, i guess i was wrong. also i didn't know this is a language and arts forum too, wht have people all over the world whose primary language is not english and that includes me ... i probably don't belong here then.... as far as the fonts are concerned, i saw some have multiple colors and fonts than i did.. did you go on each one everytime and tell them how they need to do their own signatures? you don't have to answer that.. just a thought... sorry
    that post above is addressed to whatever from victoria, australia - unfortunately i was not able to quote his post to me before somebody deleted it. so...

to whatever (a web hosting master from victoria, australia) : i just requested to have my account deleted.. don't need to delete your own post, or did the mods do it? in any case.. i would still be reading here but i will try to run as far as i could from your posts. you are rude and mean and you did not consider the fact that i am new and might not know a LOT of things. i hope people who wants to consider doing business with you will think twice...

pinayhost, if you see any signatures against the rules, report the posts and a moderator will take care of it
    anon-e-mouse: i did not find any signatures that is against the rules. i was responding to the reply that whatever post here in my intro. he is the one who has problem with my signature.

i don't want to make a big deal out of it but you know what i already have a bad day and his post was very mean. he insulted me of my poor english, he said i need to check my spelling and grammar and change my signature fonts and he told me that this is suppose to be an intro about myself and not to discuss my business ventures. unfortunately i did not copy and paste his reply and someone else deleted it. so it's gone.

Welcome to WHT.

Quote Originally Posted by pinayhost
    i just requested to have my account deleted.
    Sorry to see that things got off to a rough start for you here. You'll find lots of helpful and friendly people in this forum, and one unpleasant post does not represent typical WHT members. You sound like you have a lot to contribute, and we need more women around here too.

Why not forget about that one post, block any members whose posts you don't want to read, and enjoy everything that WHT has to offer. It's a great place to learn, share, have fun, and make new friends. We'd really like to have you stay around.

Lois

Quote Originally Posted by CD Burnt
    welcome to wht!
    someone welcomed you to wht.

there's a lot going on here! stick around.

. . . about 3 weeks ago.. while working on our family website, i got this crazy idea of having my own webhosting business..
    That's probably how most hosts started.
    thus begin my research day and night about webhosting. i landed here in wht . . .
    You've come to the right place.
    . . . i'd like a webhosting that will offer end user support as my husband likes to take us with him during business trips.
    Be careful with that, because they are your clients, and you can't rely on someone else 100% to take care of them.
    . . . i already thought of a niche or a market to concentrate on that is of great interest to me.
    Niche hosting is the way to go. That's how I got started in this business, with Multiple Domain Hosting. That was back in 2001, when there wasn't much Multiple Domain hosting around. Back then I started off with one plan - "Host 10 domains for $29.95/mth", and grew from there. I got page one on Google (not adwords) for "Multiple domain hosting". That was a great help to get the business going. Thank you Google.
    i am not really looking to become big time, i just wanted to make a few bucks to help my family without sacrificing getting a job outside the house.
    Hope you can make it, as stay at home moms are the salt of the earth, imo. Not that I have anything against Mom's that go to work.
    . . . any suggestions and tips are very much appreciated. thank you!
    As a host, WHT represents the best education possible, while you build your hosting business. Sure, WHT is not perfect, and you might get a few bumps and scratches along the way, but if you lock into WHT, actively particpate, you'll learn heaps about the business.

Good luck!

thanks lois! i really appreciate that.... you're definitely right!

just for the record.. i check my emails and there it was the rude post that whatever send me.. here it is:

This is not a forum for you to introduce your business ventures, rather a forum for you to introduce yourself. Why was this so hard for you to comprehend?

Also please learn some spelling and grammar, then modify your signature. It contains too many fonts.
    thank you...

CD Burnt: You were the very first one to welcome me in WHT.. I will not forget that. Thank you very much!

RyanNelson: Thank you for the Welcome and Welcome to you too! I will check out << removed >>. So far.. I have top 3 that I am checking out real closely.. Resellerzoom, Innohosting and Dotable.
    Last edited by writespeak; 09-09-2006 at 06:52 PM.

CD Burnt: You were the very first one to welcome me in WHT.. I will not forget that. Thank you very much!

RyanNelson: Thank you for the Welcome and Welcome to you too! I will check out << removed >>. So far.. I have top 3 that I am checking out real closely.. Resellerzoom, Innohosting and Dotable.
    Welcome to WHT! Enjoy your stay

Hearty welcome here.... Stay and enjoy

Welcome to WHT. Good luck on your venture.